Arm injury for Bautista?

Sports Guy

2 minutes ago, baltfan said:

This is a scenario where I might actually favor seeing Hall. See if he can come up and get hot. If not, send him down right away and bring up Means or Wells. 

I tend to agree.  In a short relief role at this point in time he has the highest upside.  I think they’re building Means for a starting/long-relief role.  My hunch is they want Wells to pitch in relief for another week or so and perhaps have a back-to-back set before bringing him back in short-relief.

18 minutes ago, baltfan said:

This is a scenario where I might actually favor seeing Hall. See if he can come up and get hot. If not, send him down right away and bring up Means or Wells. 

Serious question.....would you run Hall out there now in 9th inning situations to see if he can get hot, or would you be more comfortable with Wells??

I would go with Wells in a heartbeat.  Yes, he has a high HR stat, but I think in relief, he'd bring that number down.

Just now, Sanity Check said:

Serious question.....would you run Hall out there now in 9th inning situations to see if he can get hot, or would you be more comfortable with Wells??

I would go with Wells in a heartbeat.  Yes, he has a high HR stat, but I think in relief, he'd bring that number down.

Definitely wouldn’t let him close, but wouldn’t let Wells either.  Cano and Webb are in front of both for me. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, baltfan said:

Definitely wouldn’t let him close, but wouldn’t let Wells either.  Cano and Webb are in front of both for me. 

What happened to Tyler Wells that caused him to lose his effectiveness from being such an effective starter earlier in the season?  It is a mystery to me on what happeded to Wells??