Monday, August 27: White Sox come to town

SteveA

Just now, forphase1 said:

Sure, IF he can hit I like having him on the team.  I'd much rather see him get playing time over Mateo.  But right now he's got a .689 OPS for the season, well below his career number of .731.  That needs to improve if he wants much playing time, and especially if he wants to have any future with the club.

He's also been worth 1.5 wins in limited playing time.

1 minute ago, Winter said:

Still can't believe he was basically what it took to get prime Chris Sale... total flop compared 

He was #1 overall according to at least 1 publication.  If Jackson Holliday has his career I'm pretty sure O's fans will have a meltdown.

Just now, Hallas said:

He was #1 overall according to at least 1 publication.  If Jackson Holliday has his career I'm pretty sure O's fans will have a meltdown.

You can book that at least one of our top 100 prospects is going to have a similar or worse career than Moncada.

Just now, Hallas said:

we was rated 1 on lists i do remember but call me a conspiracy theorist i still believe they inflated, maybe overhyped is a better word,  the prospects of the big market teams. 

1 minute ago, Malike said:

You can book that at least one of our top 100 prospects is going to have a similar or worse career than Moncada.

Indeed, Elias has and his crew have done a good job though, maybe they can sense or see which one(s) that will be before other teams and deal them off. 

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

If it's only one they will be really lucky.

Being say the 60th best prospect in a given year doesn't mean much.

Even the top 10 have a 45% bust rate and the top 11-20 have a 50% bust rate. Only 35% of the top 10 go on to be superior players, 30% for the top 11-20

• Upvote 1