9/3 Rubber game against the Dbacks.

O's84

3 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Warms up guys up and doesn't bring them in. 

It is something Buck Showalter didn't like to do, and didn't do much, and I believe Buck used that expression to describe it.

Warming a guy up takes pitches out of his arm just as much as using them.   And I agree, Hyde does it too much.

I refuse to believe Buck ever used that expression. 

Just now, O's84 said:

I disagree with the move of getting him.  And I don't like putting him in even in a 4 run situation, give he's been awful and might be going some mental problems(?). 

Now I hope I'm wrong and want for him to pitch well.  I'm just laying out mf opinion. 

Anyway, not much more to discuss at this point.  Agree to disagree.

His mental problems were him being unable to let go of bad performances and it was affecting his pitching. He was our closer last year, if the guys who got him to be that pitcher can get him back there he will be huge down the stretch.

Just now, Malike said:

His mental problems were him being unable to let go of bad performances and it was affecting his pitching. He was our closer last year, if the guys who got him to be that pitcher can get him back there he will be huge down the stretch.

And that would be great.  I was just saying there was not much time for that between when he was let go by MIA, and his 1st game with us today.  Hopefully he can gain more confidence and help us down the stretch.  I wasn't in favor of the move, but like I said, I'd be glad to be wrong.