Pay the Man!

Dipper9

Its about time somebody said this! No more trade talk. No more bickering over a few million either way. If Roberts wants to stay for 4 more years, then Pay the Man! The Fans (most of us, anyway...no disrespect SG) want it. His teammates want it. MacPhail and Trembley seem to want it. Cindy definitely wants it. So if BRob truly wants to extend here, its time to stop fiddle farting around, get it done, and PAY the MAN!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree he has been the face of the franchise for a long time. A classy person on and off the field and a great 2b. Although not crazy about the idea of a 4 year deal I think for what he has done for the fans and organization he deserves. Lets lock up the core and get to stompin the MFY!

Its about time somebody said this! No more trade talk. No more bickering over a few million either way. If Roberts wants to stay for 4 more years, then Pay the Man! The Fans (most of us, anyway...no disrespect SG) want it. His teammates want it. MacPhail and Trembley seem to want it. Cindy definitely wants it. So if BRob truly wants to extend here, its time to stop fiddle farting around, get it done, and PAY the MAN!

Agree 100%!

If it were that simple, it would aready have been done. Someone is holding up the process. If we find out who that someone is, ..... then that would be an eighteen page thread in no time. I would love to see this resolved. I think it's long over due to sign or get off the pot

I just can't see it happening until Hudson signs.

Hudson is a similar player to B-Rob, just a bit older and with less power. What he gets on the free agent market is going to help form the basis for what Roberts will be able to get next year.

If he has to settle for some minor league invite, then B-Rob will probably have no choice but to jump at whatever most recent offer hte O's have made.

If Hudson gets a lot more....the baseline for Roberts goes up.

If it were that simple, it would aready have been done. Someone is holding up the process. If we find out who that someone is, ..... then that would be an eighteen page thread in no time. I would love to see this resolved. I think it's long over due to sign or get off the pot

I think the person who's holding up the process is probably BRob himself. I, and quite a few others, believe that he's waiting to see what Hudson signs for to see if he gains any leverage. I think he's going to be disappointed to find that AM's current offer is quite fair in this market. If he can squeeze out an option year in addition to the current 3/30 I would consider that a victory if I were him.

Spoken like a loyal fan, but once a GM thinks like a fan - he's going to fail miserably and lose millions of his boss's money.

Is that 4 more years plus his 2009 season for a total of 5 years? If so, than this "Fans" does not want it.

This is exactly to a TEE what I was going to say.

Well, truth be told, Mora had one hell of a season last year for an "old" guy. If Roberts gives us that production at the end of his contract, I'd be ecstatic!

I said it for Mora, and I'll say it again for BRob....Pay the Man!

Well, truth be told, Mora had one hell of a season last year for an "old" guy. If Roberts gives us that production at the end of his contract, I'd be ecstatic!

I said it for Mora, and I'll say it again for BRob....Pay the Man!

Yeah, Mora and 2009 was pretty good for old guy. What about his 2006 and 2007 season where he just faded in the 2nd half of those year... where the team "Pay (paid) the man!"

Is Orlando Hudson's status still holding this up? I've heard of no particular interest in Hudson this winter from anyone. It's really incredible.

Check that. I think the Nats have interest.

Yup, and the sound you're hearing is BRob's agent chewing his fingernails off. :)

Archived