Tuesday, September 12: The return of John Means!

SteveA

Just now, OnlyOneOriole said:

Adley is never going to be the hitter we thought he was going to be.  Just the nature of the position.  It takes a huge toll on the body.

He is a Matt Weiters 2.0 who is better looking and with a better team disposition and attitude. 

Hate to say it but it is true.  Catchers just simply can't become elite hitters.

A second failure of our switch hitting Jesus?   

3 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Adley is never going to be the hitter we thought he was going to be.  Just the nature of the position.  It takes a huge toll on the body.

He is a Matt Weiters 2.0 who is better looking and with a better team disposition and attitude. 

Hate to say it but it is true.  Catchers just simply can't become elite hitters.

How about Johnny Bench?

The thought that he'll fall short of some people's hopes is probably true. 

But he's basically guaranteed to be better than Wieters 2.0 if for no other reason than the batting eye. A .360 OBP is way more valuable than a .320 and that's a skill that's gonna stick around. 

I was hoping for Buster Posey - but you may be right,  Matt Wieters with more walks might be the high bar.  He may have a couple 25 home run seasons, but I don't think he'll ever hit 30.

5 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

just a thoroughly disappointing game...right from the first inning when we had Wainright on the ropes and couldn't do anything with it...

You simply cannot lose a game to a non playoff team starting a pitcher who looks like he should be in a geriatrics home.

If I am a playoff contender I look at this game and say "they can't hit any sort of curve or slow pitch". 

I mean wtf was that?

Means threw the ball 100 x better than than Wainwright and yet we lost the game.

Not good.

Edited by OnlyOneOriole