Mike Minor & Jerry Sullivan - for Lier

I think a good exercise to publish would be to put together a manual on how you break apart a pitcher's motion and what you look for because it seems a lot of comments made by posters shows that they do not understand how you come to your assessment. The lingo and the meaning probably need some spelling out. Include examples and what not. That would be a great primer and hopefully encourage many OH members to participate in these discussions.

It will cut down the negative bashing and the wistful exuberance, leaving useful analysis and discourse.

I've been thinking about it for some time now. I'm actually in the process of putting together something like that, but I'm not exactly sure what direction I want to go with it...Do I want to just set it up by using examples of what I consider to be close to idea, or do I want to demonstrate what I think is ideal by filming myself. I have a lot of things I want to consider, but regardless, a breakdown of what I look for and how I teach mechanics is definitely on the way.

I'm still getting used to the idea of being an analyst; I prefer being on the field and coaching. Thank you for the constructive advice.

I've been thinking about it for some time now. I'm actually in the process of putting together something like that, but I'm not exactly sure what direction I want to go with it...Do I want to just set it up by using examples of what I consider to be close to idea, or do I want to demonstrate what I think is ideal by filming myself. I have a lot of things I want to consider, but regardless, a breakdown of what I look for and how I teach mechanics is definitely on the way.

I'm still getting used to the idea of being an analyst; I prefer being on the field and coaching. Thank you for the constructive advice.

No problem . . . we are all students and always will be. This is a process.

I look forward to you being able to develop a community of discussion regarding biomechanics.

Just that aspect of his delivery . . . his timing is not off by much if at all. Of course, with video this bad it is hard to evaluate his warm ups. Shoulders fall in with hips and the forearm comes out at about the right time. In an actual game, he might rush it and a timing issue may occur . . . but I have a hard time seeing it in this clip.

The point that set up a red flag was about 20 seconds into the video, his torso seems to be rotating while his arm is just getting into the high cocked position. It could be a problem, but the clip is tough to look at, especially by just pausing it. I think I just hit the button at the right time or something. Either way, there are definitely pitchers with much worse timing out there.

No problem . . . we are all students and always will be. This is a process.

I look forward to you being able to develop a community of discussion regarding biomechanics.

Thanks. You and Stotle do a great job at Camden Depot. The transition from the field to an analyst is definitely tough...sometimes I forget that I'm not talking to someone who already had a complete understanding of what I look for.

Archived