Wednesday afternoon September 20: Orioles go for sweep in Houston

SteveA

2 minutes ago, 398 to Left said:

Postgame thoughts:

I feel great about Bradish and GRod going into the playoffs

Webb should have gone another inning.

Im not ready to give up on Fuji and his 100+ arm. He should have the same chance as me to play in the playoffs. 

This BP is a disaster right now. I’d tell flaherty that he is first up behind GRod tomorrow and he throws till the end of the game regardless of the score/situation. Kidding but not kidding…

I don't think Flaherty would be available tomorrow after throwing a lot of pitches yesterday.  Maybe Friday?

1 minute ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

It was only “high scoring” because it went into extra innings. It was 3-2 going into the 9th. That is not high scoring. 

Besides it's irrelevant. A one-run margin is a one-run margin no matter what the score.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Uli2001 said:

It seems like a thin excuse to me. This has nothing to do with the lack of talent in the Oriole's BP. You have nothing outside 3 or 4 pitchers.

You seem like a thin excuse to me. 

What do you think happens to a bullpen that’s relatively light on talent on a team that plays 17 days in a row? 

We should Dfa Fuji but tell him he has a minor league contract open for next year.  Tell him if he had any honor he would sign and figure out how to pitch in Norfolk.  If he refuses we tell him he has no honor.  

This is an attempt a humor.  

Edited by Gurgi
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, LA2 said:

Equally because the Orioles couldn't score more than one run despite several good opps.

in fairness, Hyde didnt have a lot of options....you have a struggling Lopez too..everyone else is burned out...Id DFA Fuji and Lopez and try something else..and no, I dont know what other options we have in Norfolk...