Wednesday afternoon September 20: Orioles go for sweep in Houston

SteveA

1 minute ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

Shoulda brought up an arm today instead of McKenna but whatevs. Let’s right this ship tomorrow.

I don't think it would have mattered.  While McKenna did called up, he wasn't even at the game yet.  At least I didn't see him.  At the start of the pre-game, they said he was flying into Houston.  Might as well divert him to Cleveland at this point.

1 minute ago, 86this said:

I don't think it would have mattered.  While McKenna did called up, he wasn't even at the game yet.  At least I didn't see him.  At the start of the pre-game, they said he was flying into Houston.  Might as well divert him to Cleveland at this point.

Yeah I was wondering that too… if they’d get him there in time. Oh well. It is what it is. 

1 minute ago, Malike said:

Was listening to the Braves manager today, he said the week off cost them the NLDS. Too much time off. They are working on how to mitigate that this year.

I get that - maybe play a simulated game with the minor league squad like 3 days before game 1?  Let the game 1 starter pitch in lieu of his side session, and get the relievers in to keep their mechanics sharp.

6 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

You seem like a thin excuse to me. 

What do you think happens to a bullpen that’s relatively light on talent on a team that plays 17 days in a row? 

AND only scores one run, striking out 11 times in the first five innings.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Uli2001 said:

If you know baseball, you know that a 1-0 game is definitely not the same kind of game as a 9-8 game.

Oh it's somehow easier to protect a one-run lead in a 1-0 game than a 9-8 game?

Fairbanks and Pressly failed against the O's on Sunday and Monday because they weren't low-scoring games??

Edited by LA2
  • Upvote 1