Wednesday afternoon September 20: Orioles go for sweep in Houston

SteveA

2 minutes ago, LA2 said:

Oh it's somehow easier to protect a one-run lead in a 1-0 game than a 9-8 game?

How did Fairbanks and Pressly fare against the O's on Sunday and Monday?

You still don't get it. In a 9-8 game, the ball is flying. It's definitely harder to protect a lead.

Does anyone actually think Fuji will be a weapon in the playoffs?  If not we really should dfa him.   Countless guys in AAA can likely walk guys maybe throw in a strike once in a while.  Fuji just cant hit the damn broadside of a barn when he is not going good.  

14 minutes ago, dtk9119 said:

This game was 95% on the offense. Yes BP is fried and Hyde made some questionable decisions, but I was hoping for just 1 of 3 and we got 2. Angels have to help out some way somehow tonight.

You can’t reasonably expect to score one run against the Astros and win the game especially with a bullpen that is completely gassed. Would like to see Irvin back up for Cleveland, but it’s going to require a pitcher going on the IL.

Lopez or Fujinami seem like a good choice to have a tired arm. 

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

You can’t reasonably expect to score one run against the Astros and win the game especially with a bullpen that is completely gassed. Would like to see Irvin back up for Cleveland, but it’s going to require a pitcher going on the IL.

Lopez or Fujinami seem like a good choice to have a tired arm. 

Honestly both could be given their walking papers to be honest.   I think they are both really on the last possible chance.  Lopez really is a possible to dfa guy.  

Just now, Gurgi said:

Does anyone actually think Fuji will be a weapon in the playoffs?  If not we really should dfa him.   Countless guys in AAA can likely walk guys maybe throw in a strike once in a while.  Fuji just cant hit the damn broadside of a barn when he is not going good.  

I don’t want Fuji on the playoff roster he’s too up and down to rely on.

Plus with the built in rest days in the playoff schedule the bullpen should hold up better without having to go 17 days in a row without a day off. 

Just now, Gurgi said:

Honestly both could be given their walking papers to be honest.   I think they are both really on the last possible chance.  Lopez really is a possible to dfa guy.  

Who do they have to replace either of them?

Wells?  Sure doesn't seem like it.

What about one of the pitchers Elias has been drafting?

7 minutes ago, Uli2001 said:

Do I seem like a thin excuse to you? What does that even mean?

I don’t know but I was laughing when I typed it. 

Dude, no team should be playing 17 games in a row. Especially now when everyone is worn down and guys are passing career highs in innings. The bullpen is gassed, partially because they haven’t had a day off in two weeks. 

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Who do they have to replace either of them?

Wells?  Sure doesn't seem like it.

What about one of the pitchers Elias has been drafting?

Does anyone have any update on Wells?  What really is his status?  Is he shutdown?  Is is just dead arm and the Orioles are keeping mum?  I havent heard nothing about the guy in weeks.