Friday, September 22: Orioles face Guardians and Shane Bieber (just off the IL)

SteveA

Just now, Yossarian said:

We still have to play two more games against these bastards and another 4 against Boston.  Who is going to pitch all of these innings?

If we can get 7 innings out of a couple starts in a row that would be the breather the bullpen guys need.

I think Irvin can come back up Friday.

And maybe it's time to DFA Lopez and bring someone else up, Zimmerman or McFarland.

1 minute ago, Moshagge3 said:

"Flaherty you'd rather save for a longer inning stint"

-Kevin Brown, during a game where the O's starter did not complete four innings

Flaherty doesn't look great in the black jerseys, so hold him for the weekend games when those starters are out by the fifth inning. Makes sense to me.

The stat guys must be telling Elias this is the way to play.  Old school baseball just doesnt work for those guys.  There must be something really different about letting guys pitch longer innings and trying to have guys throw hard as hell for 20 pitches and thats it.   I remember Tippy Martinez going lots of innings.

Only can think the numbers say that isnt the way to go.   

But it seems to be killing these guys.  Maybe it works for a week to ten days but 17 seems to be way to far to go.