Miggy in trouble

OriolesMagic11

Tejada's apology press conference can be seen here:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/6257886.html

As a Miggi fan, it's tough to see him like this. Here's some of the text for those who don't want to watch the video.

"First of all, I just want to apologize," Tejada said at Minute Maid Park, hours after he entered his plea at the U.S. District Court of Washington. "I made a mistake, and now I know how serious of a mistake that I made for not answering a questions about another teammate. I take responsibility. … I’m very sorry for what happened. I’m sorry to my family, to the Congress, to the Houston Astros, the Orioles, the major leagues."

At that point, Tejada’s voice cracked as he paused to control himself.

"Take your time. It’s OK," Tejada’s attorney, Mark Tuohey, whispered to him.

"And all the fans in baseball," Tejada said several seconds later. "And I really apologize because I don’t want to be in this situation. I apologize to the whole United States, because this country gave me the opportunity to be who I am. And the last thing that I want to do is let this country down. I hope they forgive me. Thank you to the Houston Astros to support me. And to all my fans in the Dominican Republic. And I’m sorry. I’m sorry for what just happened."

This made me cry!:002_scry:

I love My Miguel!:(

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This makes me like Tejada a whole lot more. I will be rooting for him this year.
Interesting contrast between Miggy's apology and A-Rod's. Poor Miggy has always worn his heart on all his sleeves.

Sometimes sophistication isn't what we want Alex...

Well said by both of you.

This was from the same article, about Clemens:

That said, Roger Clemens might have an interest in the sentence Tejada receives. Clemens is being investigated for lying to Congress when, during a 2008 hearing, he denied ever using performance-enhancing drugs. Because Clemens, unlike Tejada, was under oath, he likely would face stiffer penalties than Tejada if found guilty.
  1. Didn't know Tejada wasn't under oath. Still no excuse for lying to Congress but this kinda changes my perspective a bit even though I'm already pulling for Miggy.
  2. If the investigation reveals anything, then it seems Clemens would be the only player that has outright lied under oath about steroids. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Archived