Cold Bats Heading into the Playoffs

Sanity Check

3 minutes ago, Tbone83 said:

Even lukewarm bats would have won the game today. Holding Texas to three has to be considered a victory pitching-wise. Santander seems to be the only one in the lineup swinging an even moderately warm bat.

It's just one game, but you have to get a lot more from Adley, Gunnar, and Ced. None of them did anything and they are supposed to be faces of the franchise.

This team impressed me all year having good at bats and hitting to the opposite field and hitting with RISP. That has faded the last few weeks of the season and was completely absent today.

This looks like a tired team.

Yeah .. pretty awful offensive performance..in a team wide prolonged slump at the worst possible moment and  at the end of the most successful year, not much to do now but watch the ugly ending play out.. 

The sad truth is we have not advanced to the World Series in 40 years and given how bad our bats are for weeks now we probably won’t be going this year either. 

31 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Hays outstanding catch in LF, Santander hauling ass around the bases as fast as he could, Bradish striking out 9...I don't think they looked tired.

This team got beat by pitching that it's gotten beat for 20 years with...soft tossers.  

Fixed that for you.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Hays outstanding catch in LF, Santander hauling ass around the bases as fast as he could, Bradish striking out 9...I don't think they looked tired.

This team got beat by pitching that it's gotten beat all year with...soft tossers.  

I think Dave Johnson could un-retire and pitch a few scoreless innings against this Orioles lineup. They get spun around in circles by soft tossers.

It could be worse the Orioles could be the Dodgers right now. 👀

• Haha 2