Playoff Game Thread

ArtVanDelay

Surprised they used France at all....I would have guessed he or Urquidy were the extra innings emergency guys.

I assume Verlander was considered as unavailable period.     The Javier blowup brought a situation right away where another long reliever aside from Hunter Brown may have been needed.   

Edited by Just Regular

14 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Surprised they used France at all....I would have guessed he or Urquidy were the extra innings emergency guys.

I assume Verlander was considered as unavailable period.     The Javier blowup brought a situation right away where another long reliever aside from Hunter Brown may have been needed.   

2 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

Horrible bullpen management by Baker brought in probably last guy in your pen in critical win or die game and then left him out there forever to pretty throw up white flag in game 7

I thought they might have tried to get another inning out of Brown there. 

50 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

Horrible bullpen management by Baker brought in probably last guy in your pen in critical win or die game and then left him out there forever to pretty throw up white flag in game 7

I noticed that too. If this was Hyde, everyone would be ready to run him out of town here. But it's Dusty Baker, so.

On 10/16/2023 at 6:39 PM, Billy F-Face3 said:

I'm going to say it now. I think that the Texas Rangers will win the World Series. They have the best manager of all final 4 teams, and the best offense, and their starting pitching is really good too.

I'm doubling down on this for the World Series. No matter who they face. 

Pre-game notes for NLCS Game 7 are both Zack Wheeler and Zac Gallen will be in the winner-take-all mix.

Last 30 Days K-BB readouts for the stronger pitchers on those rosters

ARZ: Castro 34, Pfaadt 23, Ginkel 23, Gallen 18, Thompson 17, Sewald 10, Saalfrank 4    (based on yesterday Saalfrank seems a tool they like to throw X pitches with X attributes, even though overall results bleh)

PHI: G. Soto 32, Alvarado 28, Kimbrel 24, C. Sanchez 24, Hoffman 23, Strahm 21, Seranthony 16, Wheeler 15, Suarez 13