Wigginton Official/Moore DFA

fearthenoodle

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Listen, I normally don't deal with fools like yourself if you're going to be a jerk from the get-go, but did you not read my entire post?

It was on MLB.com. It was on ESPN. It was on 105.7. It was confirmed by my friend who is directly friends with the players themselves. What else do you want? Did I piss you off because I might have knocked Mr. Trembley off his immortal pedestal? Please.

And where did I say Scott Moore was a major leaguer at this point in time? I just said Trembley disrespected the hell out of the kid.

Calm down there bud. Do you have links to these articles regarding Trembley and Moore? I follow the team closely and don't recall these instances of Trembley disrespecting Moore.

Now how the hell am I going to vet it? You guys can either choose to believe it or not. If they want to vet it or not, whatever. Let them contact me. Before even the Markakis stories were coming out regarding negotiations, I heard that Nick was about to sign a 6 year deal. It never came to fruition, but it was due to the money, not the length of the contract. Not just that either. There were a few other things I said.

Hell, the things about Moore that Trembley said were out in public to begin with, but y'all want to harp on the he said/she said bit, because y'all don't want Trembley to be knocked off his pristine pedestal.

I recall it. I won't go so far as to say DT disrepsected anyone but I do recall seeing comments in the media that he had told Moore he would be getting specific playing time that I was puzzled about when he didn't get it.

I'd display a poor attitude too. Trembley absolutely disrespected Moore in every way possible. I'm beginning to think that Moore ate Trembley's dog or something. Homeslice never got a chance, and Trembley flat out lied to him on more than one occasion about playing time.

Hey Trembley, you talk about respecting the game, how about you respecting your players? Putting Millar or Mora out there time and time again was just ridiculous in 2008 (how bad were they during the beginning of the season again???). Lying to Moore saying that he'd be playing 4 or 5 games in a row, and then not only not playing him, but dropped him to the minors, bravo. And then doing the same earlier in the season (saying he'll get playing time and didn't).

The Orioles got rained out in Texas last April & had to play an unscheduled doubleheader the next day as a result.

If memory serves, Moore was supposed to be in the lineup somewhere around there, but things changed because of the alterations to the schedule. I seem to recall one JTrea leading the "Trembley's a liar" charge at the time, and you were perhaps one of his cheerleaders.

As you can even discover by going to scottmoorefans.com and reading the articles posted there, the O's then had to move their starting rotation around in the fallout from the doubleheader, and called up Jim Johnson from AAA so that Matt Albers could start. (As an aside, Roch seemed a little baffled by it and speculated that Jim Johnson wouldn't even last the 10 days until Moore could be recalled. Oops)

Trembley is quoted in the article about how he communicated this decision making process to Moore, and raved about how well Scott handled it. In short, they thought he'd be better off getting regular AB's in AAA while the major league need for a fresh arm was greater. We all know about the variety of things that went wrong for Moore after that...none of them Dave Trembley's fault.

I don't know who or what your supposed source is supposed to be all about, but I do remember the inflammatory allegations you've spewed from time to time about Daniel Cabrera and Ramon Hernandez, and seem to remember you attributing some of your info to some girl imbibing alcoholic beverages in the same establishment as certain Orioles players. Forgive me if I'm choosing to take everything you post as an insider with at least a grain of salt.

Actually, you know what, I'll go ahead and talk to Tony right now about being vetted or whatever term. If you guys want to continue to give me grief because I rub y'all the wrong way, well that's just a damn shame.

Sheesh, I think you're getting defensive here. And I think you're completely ignoring the validity of his question. It's the same standard people use everyday.

I don't mind hearing insider talk at all (in fact, I like any kind, good or bad), but if you're collecting information that is hearsay, or you're getting it through several degrees of separation from the original source, it's fair to question the reliability. And it's not necessarily about rubbing people the wrong way. Keep in mind, you're calling Trembley a liar, perhaps the O's organization a lying group, all over a AAAA guy who might just be disgruntled.

Signing 35 year old Will Clark was an absolute mistake in 1999. It further magnitude the frutility that the ballclub has done the past 11 season. Say what you want about what Pickering has done in the MLB or later in the years in the minors. The fact is that Pickering at age 21 at Bowie (AA) in 1998, hit -

309/425/566/991 - 139 G, 488 AB, 31 2B, 25 HR

And he deserved a shot to make the 1999 ballclub, but instead the ballclub decided to go with an aging veteran instead. Yes, Pickering pouted when he went to Rochester in 1999 and was never scene before, but still. He deserved a shot.

I don't know man, Clark signed a two-year contract and Pickering was in AA. Clark was an effective stop-gap and performed pretty well in his two years here. If Pickering had done well in AAA in 1999 he could have forced the team to trade Clark. Ryan Howard was blocked by Jim Thome's signing and he was able to force the issue and make the team.

How did he get a fan site?

Good question. I found out about it a month or so ago when the guy who runs it came on here and blasted the majority of us for more-or-less not spouting the JTrea point of view.

Good for Scott Moore, though. I have nothing against the guy. Just don't expect a whole lot out of him or buy that he's been robbed of a job or lied to, blah blah blah...

I'm going to be pleasantly surprised if he does make it. The Jays claimed Brian Burres who was horrible, so I fully expect Moore to be claimed.

So what your saying is that the Jays like players that are no good which ironically contradicts your claim that Moore is somehow a good player. No worries. Scott Moore will be at Norfolk and will be on call for the big club in 2009.

Signing 35 year old Will Clark was an absolute mistake in 1999. It further magnitude the frutility that the ballclub has done the past 11 season. Say what you want about what Pickering has done in the MLB or later in the years in the minors. The fact is that Pickering at age 21 at Bowie (AA) in 1998, hit -

309/425/566/991 - 139 G, 488 AB, 31 2B, 25 HR

And he deserved a shot to make the 1999 ballclub, but instead the ballclub decided to go with an aging veteran instead. Yes, Pickering pouted when he went to Rochester in 1999 and was never scene before, but still. He deserved a shot.

If he wasn't too fat to play a decent 1st base, he probably would have been given a shot.

Now how the hell am I going to vet it? You guys can either choose to believe it or not. If they want to vet it or not, whatever. Let them contact me. Before even the Markakis stories were coming out regarding negotiations, I heard that Nick was about to sign a 6 year deal. It never came to fruition, but it was due to the money, not the length of the contract. Not just that either. There were a few other things I said.

Hell, the things about Moore that Trembley said were out in public to begin with, but y'all want to harp on the he said/she said bit, because y'all don't want Trembley to be knocked off his pristine pedestal.

I'd be more inclined to believe what you say if every post of yours didn't drip condescension, sarcasm, and an overwhelming sense of "I'm better than you a-holes"...but maybe that's just me.

The Orioles got rained out in Texas last April & had to play an unscheduled doubleheader the next day as a result.

If memory serves, Moore was supposed to be in the lineup somewhere around there, but things changed because of the alterations to the schedule. I seem to recall one JTrea leading the "Trembley's a liar" charge at the time, and you were perhaps one of his cheerleaders.

As you can even discover by going to scottmoorefans.com and reading the articles posted there, the O's then had to move their starting rotation around in the fallout from the doubleheader, and called up Jim Johnson from AAA so that Matt Albers could start. (As an aside, Roch seemed a little baffled by it and speculated that Jim Johnson wouldn't even last the 10 days until Moore could be recalled. Oops)

Trembley is quoted in the article about how he communicated this decision making process to Moore, and raved about how well Scott handled it. In short, they thought he'd be better off getting regular AB's in AAA while the major league need for a fresh arm was greater. We all know about the variety of things that went wrong for Moore after that...none of them Dave Trembley's fault.

Great response. That's how I remember events unfolding, as well.

I don't know man, Clark signed a two-year contract and Pickering was in AA. Clark was an effective stop-gap and performed pretty well in his two years here. If Pickering had done well in AAA in 1999 he could have forced the team to trade Clark. Ryan Howard was blocked by Jim Thome's signing and he was able to force the issue and make the team.

Ding ding ding, we have a winner.

Nobody, including Pickering and Moore, is entitled to be a major leaguer. Some guys luck into it, but most have to earn it. Things don't always go perfectly, so the good players have to force their way on the team. Moore didn't. Pickering didn't. Bottom line.

Archived