The O’s - Rangers ALDS

Frobby

Just now, Just Regular said:

I presume Hyde will never tell whether the WTF was for Gunnar going or Hicks not swinging.

Hicks is an odd hit-and-run pick for me as what offense he is able to give a ballclub mostly revolves around not swinging.

I think Hicks should sit...and I dont know what happened to O'Hearn but he looks terrible too...id take my chances with Kjerstad...he is a contact hitter..and I think he is unflappable..

20 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

I think Hicks should sit...and I dont know what happened to O'Hearn but he looks terrible too...id take my chances with Kjerstad...he is a contact hitter..and I think he is unflappable..

And Kjerstad might get lucky and run into a pitch he can put over the wall.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, baltfan said:

Hate that they lost, but Texas looks beatable.   It’s normal for a team to come out rusty after all that time off.  

I don’t think we looked rusty exactly. They made some plays and pitches at critical moments, the ball bounced in their direction a few times, and we didn’t do anything crazy spectacular. At this brief moment in time, I think we are pretty evenly matched. I might need more bourbon.

40 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

I presume Hyde will never tell whether the WTF was for Gunnar going or Hicks not swinging.

Hicks is an odd hit-and-run pick for me as what offense he is able to give a ballclub mostly revolves around not swinging.

My guess is he thought he would get a heater. Hole open on right side and fielder moving to cover. He puts it in right spot runners on corners. Any grounder stays out of double play.