The O’s - Rangers ALDS

Frobby

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I tracked this stuff for the AL East tesms for a decade back in 2010-19.   Tampa had fantastic success from 2010-13, losing only 337 season games for starting pitchers over those four years combined.  But they came back to the pack as the decade progressed, finishing the decade with 1,544 season games lost over the 10 year period, about average for the AL East (meaning they were worse than average over the final 6 years of the decade).   The Orioles were by far the healthiest, losing only 954 season games during the decade.

Interesting. I would expect the O's and Rays to do better, especially with position players, due to less reliance on veterans. 

3 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

The Rangers pose a lot of problems for the Os. Those of us who wanted the Rangers may end up regretting that.

After the benefit of doing more research on them, Tampa was the team you wanted to play.

Personally, I was hoping for a three game series between them, with games 2 and 3 going at least 15 innings each. 

16 hours ago, eddie83 said:

Everyone is not blaming Schneider but the GM Atkins. All pre planned 

"If you thought there was grumbling about how the Blue Jays just managed their starting pitching in the Wild Card Series, then wait for this one. Dave Roberts is going to have to pull some pretty unpopular rabbits out of his hat this time around."

https://www.mlb.com/news/surprising-facts-about-top-four-seeds-2023-division-series

The difference ia that it will be due to the Dodgers' decimated starting rotation (only Kershaw remains from the season-opening rotation)--not lack of in-game intelligence.