The O’s - Rangers ALDS

Frobby

3 hours ago, emmett16 said:

Sun’s out Gunnar’s out!  Looks like it might be a gorgeous afternoon after all.  

Yeah, I'll say he was out.  What an absolutely boneheaded decision that was.  And I don't think Hyde sent him.

I like Gunnar.  But that attempted straight steal of home last week, the attempted steal today.  I don't like pretending to know whats going on in these guys heads but I can't help but think Gunnar has a bit of a superhero complex.  Wouldn't know it from that southern drawl and the "aw shucks" vibe he gives but I do believe his aggressiveness can get the best of him sometimes.

But that's not the reason we lost.  The bats are flat.  

Holding Texas to three runs was good.  Our guys just can't hit and they haven't been hitting for weeks now.

Hope they can find a way to fix it.

• Upvote 1

The baseball gods are funny because if Adolis hadn't had a small injury and the team hadn't been slumping, they may not have used Carter this season.

We just sent Hicks and Frazier up in the bottom of the 9th of a 1-run game by result of a deliberate process.    Its okay, the overall results are fantastic.

In reserve clause times, Holliday, Kjerstad and Cowser maybe all have a few hundred or more PA of experience by this afternoon.

3 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Does Cedric play against Montgomery? Don’t know .. his only real chance to be in the lineup tomorrow is that every other hitter on the squad is about as poor. 

Cedric is the coldest hitter in the Major Leagues right now. And it’s been like that for a long time. Bench him for anybody 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, tntoriole said:

Does Cedric play against Montgomery? Don’t know .. his only real chance to be in the lineup tomorrow is that every other hitter on the squad is about as poor. 

I don't know because Mullins is the best defensive CF on the team. Hicks can hit, but I get uneasy with him patrolling CF. Would they even consider McKenna to start? 

Tomorrow is not going to be easy Hyde and the analytics team have some work to do filling out the lineup card.

• Upvote 1

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I don't know because Mullins is the best defensive CF on the team. Hicks can hit, but I get uneasy with him patrolling CF. Would they even consider McKenna to start? 

Tomorrow is not going to be easy Hyde and the analytics team have some work to do filling out the lineup card.

McKEnna not on roster. 

4 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Cedric will be in there for defense regardless of anything else.

I think you probably see the exact same lineup as today against the lefty, with an outside chance that Mateo plays over Urias.  Maybe the order is tweaked slightly. 

• Upvote 2