Starters: Bradish game 1, GRod game 2

Sports Guy

Heaney innings 1-3, followed by Dunning for another three innings; more if he's good.  Montgomery for game two and Eovaldi starts game three and then Bochy makes it up on the fly after that.  Heaney is simply not good enough to start game one in a post-season environment, so burning two starters in one game makes sense in that situation.

20 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Ah right, I remember watching his start against us earlier this year. Throwing wads of Kleenex for 7 innings, 4 hits, 1 run. 

We scored 7 runs in 3 innings of him the other time.  He’s made 6 starts against the O’s in his career, and we’ve hit him hard in four of them.  We’ll see which version of Heaney shows up tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

He throws with his left hand and his fastball averages 92.5 mph. We’re probably screwed. 

Orioles hit lefties better than the do righties when you look at vs league average. They suck against soft tossers though. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 24fps said:

Heaney innings 1-3, followed by Dunning for another three innings; more if he's good.  Montgomery for game two and Eovaldi starts game three and then Bochy makes it up on the fly after that.  Heaney is simply not good enough to start game one in a post-season environment, so burning two starters in one game makes sense in that situation.

I could see this. 

2 hours ago, wildcard said:

Bochy is trying to put O'Hearn on the bench vs lefties.  He is thinking Gunnar does not hit lefties has   well as righties.   He probably thinks Hyde plays Mateo at SS and Gunnar at 3B putting Urias on the bench.

And yet, the team as a whole has a .764 OPS vs. LHP, .733 vs. RHP.

8 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Yep..Gibson success Vs Texas and in Texas is the clincher.

Although Kremer over Means wouldn’t shock me.

I think we want a lefty in this series. You may be right about Gibson, he also pitched great down the stretch. Kremer was good too . I wonder if we could see an "opener" gambit with something like Kremer one time through the order, then Means (or vice versa). Similar to what they may be doing with Heaney. So Means wouldn't start but may pitch more innings.