ALDS Game 1

SteveA

1 minute ago, Yossarian said:

I said it when Frazier came up to bat.  It seemed obvious.

Mateo's speed might be the biggest weapon the O's have right now.   They need to find a way to use it late in games.  The bats are certainly not looking like they will win this series. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, LA2 said:

Hicks had a team-leading .381 OBP, as well as .425 Slugging Pct with the Orioles.

And after he strikes out and takes a seat on the bench that matters how?  Hicks did what I expected,  nothing.  He had a nice run with us, and I kinda expect him back next year too as he'll be cheap.   But that doesn't mean I have any faith in him to come through in a key moment. 

We will be much better tomorrow. 

Inexperience and a layoff got us today but the bats will wake up tomorrow and Grayson will be on point. 

Losses happen. Losses in any capacity suck and losing the first playoff game of the last 7 years is even worse, no doubt.

Our guys are young and hungry. No doubt in my mind they will show up and have you all believing again. 

Let's f***ing GO

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, banks703 said:

I would have used him instead of O’Hearn there and instead of Frazier in the last AB.

Thats Hyder sticking with the vets though. Can’t really fault him for that. 

Frazier has had a .605 OPS since August 1st. He's been bad for awhile now and he doesn't bring anything defensively. Westburg has a .711 OPS over that same period.

I think it's time to ride or die with Westburg at 2B. Keep Frazier as a left handed pinch hitter on the bench.

image.thumb.png.54075b267ef2d3bd2bd851731c0fd224.png

image.thumb.png.dd4946cf1d71769bcfa7badf342f3cae.png

Edited by OsFanSinceThe80s

6 minutes ago, forphase1 said:

And after he strikes out and takes a seat on the bench that matters how?  Hicks did what I expected,  nothing.  He had a nice run with us, and I kinda expect him back next year too as he'll be cheap.   But that doesn't mean I have any faith in him to come through in a key moment. 

Hicks walked twice before that at-bat in a playoff game, in which all moments are "key," especially in a low-scoring game. I repeat: his OBP was a team-leading .381.

Edited by LA2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, nevadaO said:

We will be much better tomorrow. 

Inexperience and a layoff got us today but the bats will wake up tomorrow and Grayson will be on point. 

Losses happen. Losses in any capacity suck and losing the first playoff game of the last 7 years is even worse, no doubt.

Our guys are young and hungry. No doubt in my mind they will show up and have you all believing again. 

Let's f***ing GO

No matter what the players say there has to be some rust after being off for five days and really taking it a little easy since clinching the division.

I hope today's loss leaves a bad taste in their mouths and the lineup takes it out on Jordan Montgomery tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

No matter what the players say there has to be some rust after being off for five days and really taking it a little easy since clinching the division.

I hope today's loss leaves a bad taste in their mouths and the lineup takes it out on Jordan Montgomery tomorrow.

Crap! I forgot, Montgomery going tomorrow. It'd be really discouraging if they lose to the Cardinals pitcher we should have traded for at the deadline. 

Should Gunner bring his bat to the plate when he faces Montgomery? Not like he uses it when going left on left...

1 minute ago, baltimoriole said:

Crap! I forgot, Montgomery going tomorrow. It'd be really discouraging if they lose to the Cardinals pitcher we should have traded for at the deadline. 

Should Gunner bring his bat to the plate when he faces Montgomery? Not like he uses it when going left on left...

It might have been worth it to give up a better prospect for a more effective starting pitcher in Jordan Montgomery over giving up less to get Jack Flaherty.