If Elias told Holliday right now that he was in line to play 2B/backup CF?

wildcard

CF is something I’ve thought about although Mateo showed that just because you’re fast and a good athlete doesn’t automatically make you a good CF.  I think Holliday could be ready to open the season at 2B.   Will he be ready offensively?

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

CF is something I’ve thought about although Mateo showed that just because you’re fast and a good athlete doesn’t automatically make you a good CF.  I think Holliday could be ready to open the season at 2B.   Will he be ready offensively?

So is your answer on whether Holliday could be a good 2B/Backup CF by June ......Probably not?

Why does it need to take Holiday until June to "learn" how to play 2B? If he can handle SS, I think he will be okay at 2B. Also, why is he backing up CF? And why is that even something that would be used to keep him at AAA until June?

I don't understand the logic. He's the most talented/best guy that we have in the Minors and maybe the best player in all of the Minors. It's okay if he starts the season with the big club.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, wildcard said:

So is your answer on whether Holliday could be a good 2B/Backup CF by June ......Probably not?

If he comes up I doubt if he’s backing up any position.   He can be a good 2B by OD so of course he can by June.   I have no idea how he would take to CF.  Why would the LH hitting Holliday be the backup for Mullins?