Fernando Cabrera

Delbird

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He said a couple of contending NL teams are in the mix but his we're throwing out possible closing in 2008 for us. The guy hasn;t pitches in almost a month. He needs to decide soon.

I would think the idea of him being able to work with Mazzone would be huge for him.

So what would make him refuse to go to TB but come to Baltimore? Is it because he's a FA and will make more money now?

Money...chance to be a closer now that Ray is done for awhile.....maybe he's talked to Guthrie and likes what he hears....maybe he likes our defense better. Could be a number of reasons.

So what would make him refuse to go to TB but come to Baltimore? Is it because he's a FA and will make more money now?

Could it be that Baltimore is still a more desireable destination than Tampa Bay?

That whole chance to close the rest of this year and next year and work with Mazzone could drive him to Baltimore over Tampa Bay.

Lets see:

Better team

Better stadium

Better fans

Mazzone

Chance to close

More money to spend now and down the road

These are in no particular order.

This guy is the prototypical "project reliever". I hope we can get it done. You can never have too many live arms in the 'pen.

You don't think we could have too many Armando Benitez's and Jorge Julio's? Just kidding. I agree with you.

Archived