O's claim Tucker Davidson

oriolediehard

6 hours ago, interloper said:

Splitter.

Great post. Usually we’d just get the “print the playoff tickets” type posts on this signing. So does that saying still apply since we made the playoffs?

Gotta like the the O’s are loading up on lefties with Walltimore, playing to their strengths, and loving that splitter. Splitter. Sweeper. Former Brave. A lot to like. The Royals are a mess. 

4 hours ago, Jim'sKid26 said:

Careful, my friend. References to that profession can get folks fired up on this board. 😜

Yeah, I am always in hot water here. 🤣 Fuji is just so hard on himself. He’s a talent, and I’m curious to see where he ends up. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/25/2023 at 8:32 PM, Jammer7 said:

Yeah, I am always in hot water here. 🤣 Fuji is just so hard on himself. He’s a talent, and I’m curious to see where he ends up. 

He was basically the same guy in Japan for 10 years. Not sure he has psychological issues unless commanding the fastball and his off-speed pitches are a psychological thing.

10 hours ago, Malike said:

He was basically the same guy in Japan for 10 years. Not sure he has psychological issues unless commanding the fastball and his off-speed pitches are a psychological thing.

I did not say he has “psychological issues.” The pressures of performing on an MLB stage are tremendous. Some can excel, while others wilt under that pressure. It is common practice for pro athletes to have consulted with sports psychologists.

My comment was simply to highlight his lack of confidence that is apparent to me. Great stuff, but yet he does not seem to trust it, particularly after he has failure. His body language is quite telling to me. As highly touted as he was his entire adult life, it’s a lot to live up to. Perhaps a professional can help Fuji come to terms with the inherent failures of baseball.

Perhaps a more consistent mental approach will allow him to be more consistent with his mechanics and pitch with more conviction in each pitch.  His tempo and rhythm differ from pitch to pitch, especially after failure.

He’s a real long shot, either way. Like you wrote, his history is what it is. Any guy who throws 102 mph with ease is worth a look, to me anyway. 

9 hours ago, Jammer7 said:

He’s a real long shot, either way. Like you wrote, his history is what it is. Any guy who throws 102 mph with ease is worth a look, to me anyway. 

I feel the same about Fuji.  And I also love the moves like this Tucker Davidson one that cost us absolutely nothing to evaluate whether he can continue and improve that wiff stat with some coaching up.  If it amounts to nothing, so be it.  But they've proven that these acquisitions are worth a try.