Which O's AAA players deserve to be on the open day roster?

wildcard

20 minutes ago, wildcard said:

While writing the OP I was surprised that Stowers  has hit 39 homer, 138 RBI,  361 OBP, 507 Slugging Pct, and a 868 OPS in 663 AAA At Bats.   That is pretty impressive.

Here is what MLBTR Mark Polishuk said in the O's chat about Stowers:

Kyle Stowers
1:22
Will the Orioles finally trade me? I dont see how I can crack the MLB outfield anymore. Am I a good 2nd piece of a trade package or do I not have much value anymore?

Mark P

1:24

Stowers has 131 career plate appearances in the majors.  Cowser has 77.  Both would have a lot of trade value, and while they might be trade chips due to the Orioles' prospect logjam, it is far too early to "give up" on either

If Stowers as an lot of trade value that is different from what I  get from the OH.

A “lot of trade value” is very subjective.   Stowers was never as highly regarded as Cowser or Kjerstad both by the Orioles and the general baseball community.  Nonetheless, his AAA numbers are impressive.

53 minutes ago, wildcard said:

While writing the OP I was surprised that Stowers  has hit 39 homer, 138 RBI,  361 OBP, 507 Slugging Pct, and a 868 OPS in 663 AAA At Bats.   That is pretty impressive.

Here is what MLBTR Mark Polishuk said in the O's chat about Stowers:

Kyle Stowers
1:22
Will the Orioles finally trade me? I dont see how I can crack the MLB outfield anymore. Am I a good 2nd piece of a trade package or do I not have much value anymore?

Mark P

1:24

Stowers has 131 career plate appearances in the majors.  Cowser has 77.  Both would have a lot of trade value, and while they might be trade chips due to the Orioles' prospect logjam, it is far too early to "give up" on either

If Stowers as an lot of trade value that is different from what I  get from the OH.

Stowers may have had some trade value a year ago but I think it’s significantly reduced now.  He could still be a piece of a package, but no one is going to give up a lot for a 25/26 year old OF who doesn’t have a real shot of cracking the big league roster of the organization he is with. 

7 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Stowers may have had some trade value a year ago but I think it’s significantly reduced now.  He could still be a piece of a package, but no one is going to give up a lot for a 25/26 year old OF who doesn’t have a real shot of cracking the big league roster of the organization he is with. 

Stowers may be the best  major league ready prospect that some organizations would have if he is traded.

51 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

The underrating of Stowers really needs to stop. He’s far from a perfect prospect but he has done nothing but put up big numbers in the minors. He has high exit velocity numbers and will take a walk. He can be a 2+ WAR major leaguer and those don’t grow on trees.

35 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

The underrating of Stowers really needs to stop. He’s far from a perfect prospect but he has done nothing but put up big numbers in the minors. He has high exit velocity numbers and will take a walk. He can be a 2+ WAR major leaguer and those don’t grow on trees.

Would you rather have Stowers than either Kjerstad or Cowser?   For me, that’s the whole issue.  He’s fine, but I’d rather have the other two, or any of our three incumbent starters.  I do agree that his small samples in the majors are not that meaningful.  

Just now, Frobby said:

Would you rather have Stowers than either Kjerstad or Cowser?   For me, that’s the whole issue.  He’s fine, but I’d rather have the other two, or any of our three incumbent starters.  I do agree that his small samples in the majors are not that meaningful.  

Yes I would rather have the other 2 but I’m also perfectly content using one of the other 2 to obtain a big fish and give those at bats to Stowers.

36 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Just because Kjerstad and Cowser fit the O's future needs better does not mean that Stowers can't be a real good ML outfielder for many years.

What a draft in 2019.  Adley, Gunnar, Stowers, Ortiz, Hernaiz

35 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Just because Kjerstad and Cowser fit the O's future needs better does not mean that Stowers can't be a real good ML outfielder for many years.

What a draft in 2019.  Adley, Gunnar, Stowers, Ortiz, Hernaiz

And yet some people obsess about Zach Watson.