Which O's AAA players deserve to be on the open day roster?

wildcard

For those who think Kjerstad is going to have a lot of swing and miss, in 377 PAs in AAA his SO rate was 20.5% vs Cowser at 26.8% in 399 PAs. Folks say Cowser outhit Kjerstad at AAA based on HK's final numbers of 0.298 0.371 0.498 for an OPS of 0.870. What that line obscures is that the end of July he was at 0.341 0.415 0.588 for an OPS of 1.017. After getting back on the field in June of 2022 after a 2 years layoff, at A and A+, then AFL, then more rehab, ST in 2023, AA and AAA, he absolutely cratered in August and hit only 0.228 in 105 ABs but then rebounded to 0.375 in 40 ABs before promotion to BAL. His AA numbers were equal or slightly better than Holiday's, Heston's bat is MLB ready. I expect him to come to ST on a mission to start and he will have a SO rate lower than Cowser's 28.6%, an OBP over 0.300 and an OPS over 0.750.

Edited by AnythingO's
typo
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

The underrating of Stowers really needs to stop. He’s far from a perfect prospect but he has done nothing but put up big numbers in the minors. He has high exit velocity numbers and will take a walk. He can be a 2+ WAR major leaguer and those don’t grow on trees.

I am not underrating Stowers. But he’s clearly on the outside looking in. Knowing he doesn’t have a path to regular playing time without players ahead of him being traded, it’s tough to imagine another team looking at him as a major trade piece. 

He might be our sixth best outfield prospect at this point behind Cowser, Kjersted, Bradfield, Beavers, and Norby (who I’m expecting ends up in left). 

Edited by ChuckS