The Best Relief Pitcher Who Might Be Available (Title Edited)

RZNJ

39 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I like Kimbrel for closer. We were able to battle off losing Bautista in September, but that was with expanded rosters, and the rest of the team playing lights out. Bautista could’ve very well been our MVP last year. 

Kimbrel has a ton of experience. He posted really good numbers last year. His playoff experience would be huge for this team. 

Also, notice how we don’t see a 3/21 contract prediction on MLBTR like a lot were thinking about Fuji. A deal could happen there. 

Kimbrel 2/20

Fuji 1/7

Lopez milb deal w/ST invite

Rule 5 and waiver claims

I'm not one to harp on a SSS but didn't Kimbrel get removed from the closer role in this year's playoffs?  I know he was left off the Dodgers' playoff roster last season.

15 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm not one to harp on a SSS but didn't Kimbrel get removed from the closer role in this year's playoffs?  I know he was left off the Dodgers' playoff roster last season.

Kimbrel was also temporarily removed as the Phillies closer in 2023 and the only reason he go the job back was because Alvarado (a MUCH better pitcher at this point in his career) got injured. Someone's going to give Kimbrel a mult-year deal and seriously regret it and I hope it's not the Orioles.