White Sox Trade Possibilties

Sports Guy

4 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Saw him pitch in that role a couple nights ago and he looked good. I’m sure he’ll start getting save opportunities as a showcase for a trade. I’d like to see Elias jump on something like this early rather than waiting for the trade deadline. 

2 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

Saw him pitch in that role a couple nights ago and he looked good. I’m sure he’ll start getting save opportunities as a showcase for a trade. I’d like to see Elias jump on something like this early rather than waiting for the trade deadline. 

2 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

Should have jumped on him in the offseason.

• Upvote 1

Honestly, I'd probably do Mayo straight up for Kopech. That's how important I think a legit late game bullpen arm is to our WS chances this year. We would control him next year as well. I'm comfortable enough with our lineup, Westburg as a piece, and the depth at AAA. 

8 minutes ago, interloper said:

Honestly, I'd probably do Mayo straight up for Kopech. That's how important I think a legit late game bullpen arm is to our WS chances this year. We would control him next year as well. I'm comfortable enough with our lineup, Westburg as a piece, and the depth at AAA. 

There is no chance I'd give up Mayo for a RP.

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, interloper said:

I’m literally the only person on here who pushed the idea of trying to get Kopech in the offseason but this is absolutely pure insanity. 

Who was the last reliever that netted a top 20 prospect?  

This isn’t even close to market rate.

7 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Should have jumped on him in the offseason.

Most likely, coming off a terrible season as a starter Sox probably thought they’d be selling low.   

4 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I’m literally the only person on here who pushed the idea of trying to get Kopech in the offseason but this is absolutely pure insanity. 

Chapman brought back Torres in 2016.  I wouldn't be shocked if he had made a top 20 list by that point.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Haha yeah, it's admittedly a bit silly. I'm just saying, that's how much I want a guy of Kopech's caliber in this bullpen. We're not going to do squat in the playoffs as it stands with this bullpen right now. So I'm in favor of Elias doing whatever the hell it takes. I assume he can find somebody like Kopech for less than Mayo, but everyone and their mother is going to be trying to trade for these type of guys. He won't be cheap. 

The equivalent of the Andrew Miller trade (E-Rod) is probably Povich, but Kopech has an extra year of control. 

Edited by interloper

10 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

While you deserve credit for bringing up the idea it’s not like people were against it.

RZNJ

Plus Member

Posted November 9, 2023

Kopech is certainly intriguing as a bullpen piece so let’s look at this from the White Sox perspective.  He’s young, cheap, and talented, was not bad as a starter in 2022 but was awful in 2023.  Do you put him back in the bullpen, give him another chance in the rotation, or sell him at his lowest point?   Sure, at the right price maybe they move him but they aren’t going to give him away and they want young controllable players back.  I predict you offer Norby or a veteran and the new GM would say no.   

P.S.       You later offered Cowser, Ortiz, Norby, and Wagner for Cease and Kopech.