The Brewers as Trade Partners

Jim'sKid26

1 minute ago, waroriole said:

The defense is also a small sample size

Yea I know, but it kinda hits different.

To me he didn't look like a guy adjusting to ML ballparks, he looked like a guy that had no business ever being in Center Field.

I think that is he had only struggled in one aspect of the game he'd be better regarded.

12 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Yea I know, but it kinda hits different.

To me he didn't look like a guy adjusting to ML ballparks, he looked like a guy that had no business ever being in Center Field.

I think that is he had only struggled in one aspect of the game he'd be better regarded.

I can see how the average fan would be looking to trade Cowser. I’m just surprised to see that here from so many people. 

33 minutes ago, waroriole said:

Reading the trade proposals this off-season is a bit surprising. People are dying to trade Cowser. It’s odd that so many people have been overly influenced by his first 77 PAs. He hit into bad luck and still had a 16% BB rate. I get that his K rate is high, but he’s got great athleticism, high walk rate, and developing power. I’m not moving him yet. Especially at such a discounted price

How is it a discounted price?   He’d be used as a main piece in a deal or co main piece along with Ortiz.   

26 minutes ago, waroriole said:

I can see how the average fan would be looking to trade Cowser. I’m just surprised to see that here from so many people. 

For trade purposes, I think most people here consider Kjerstad and Cowser basically interchangeable.  We all have our preference, but whichever brings back the best return is going to be okay to lose.  I agree that it's way premature to draw conclusions about Cowser's MLB future.

11 hours ago, Jammer7 said:

I agree, somewhat. They’ll need innings covered as well if they are without Woodruff and plan on trading Burnes. A cost-controlled #3 starter for three years, along with a few prospects I mentioned in an earlier post, was what I was thinking. Pitchers are also different. Pitching prospects usually take a few years to fully adjust. And besides, Milwaukee is not doing a complete rebuild or anything. They have quite a bit of young talent, with much at the higher levels or debuted last year.

I don’t know, maybe I am way off here. I just think there is some logic there for both sides. 

Kremer going back doesn’t add much to our team. Hopefully they are looking to rebuild. Baumann might be pretty attractive. Irvin is a guy who is also under control until 2027. They could stop gap with him and then deal him before he gets to free agency. I’m not saying he’d be a major piece. Perhaps he gets the reliever that was mentioned 1 for 1

14 hours ago, waroriole said:

Reading the trade proposals this off-season is a bit surprising. People are dying to trade Cowser. It’s odd that so many people have been overly influenced by his first 77 PAs. He hit into bad luck and still had a 16% BB rate. I get that his K rate is high, but he’s got great athleticism, high walk rate, and developing power. I’m not moving him yet. Especially at such a discounted price

I think it's kind of refreshing. For once some folks on this message seem to be finally comprehending that you need to give value to get value. I certainly don't miss the "we should trade Mateo for team X's best player" posts. 

3 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

Kremer going back doesn’t add much to our team. Hopefully they are looking to rebuild. Baumann might be pretty attractive. Irvin is a guy who is also under control until 2027. They could stop gap with him and then deal him before he gets to free agency. I’m not saying he’d be a major piece. Perhaps he gets the reliever that was mentioned 1 for 1

Corbin Burnes to the rotation DOES add despite the subtraction of Kremer. Burnes, Bradish, Rodriguez, Means and an assortment of 5th starter candidates would be a pretty good rotation. An ace for a #3 is a definite add, but only for one season unless we can extend Burnes. 

2 hours ago, Jammer7 said:

Corbin Burnes to the rotation DOES add despite the subtraction of Kremer. Burnes, Bradish, Rodriguez, Means and an assortment of 5th starter candidates would be a pretty good rotation. An ace for a #3 is a definite add, but only for one season unless we can extend Burnes. 

That’s why I prefer to give them a pitching prospect rather than Kremer. I’d throw in Irvin as a stop gap. 

1 hour ago, Roll Tide said:

That’s why I prefer to give them a pitching prospect rather than Kremer. I’d throw in Irvin as a stop gap. 

Kremer is a solid 3, sure. And that is what makes him a solid return for Milwaukee. They’re not going to take our leftovers, you have to give to get. They’re pretty solid as an organization, and they have good prospects of their own. We could sign a fifth starter of the Gibson or whomever ilk and be better off, overall. We still have Wells as well. I’m not certain they do not view Irvin and Davidson as fifth starter candidates as well. And I would not be surprised to see Bruce Zimmermann make a comeback of sorts. His stuff at the end of the year, with less velo and better command and movement, got a lot of weak contact and seemingly more swing and miss. 

With Kremer, we could afford both Burnes and Williams as far as what capital we send back. It is not likely we are going to “fleece” most GM’s out there. You have to give up something to gain something. Kremer is easy to replace, so we can have Burnes lead our rotation and have him take the ball in game 1 of a postseason series. Kremer’s lone playoff start this year is a bit unfair to judge him in the long term, but I don’t think he has anywhere near the talent that Burnes does.

If you really want to win, you have to make moves like this. Just my opinion. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jammer7 said:

Kremer is a solid 3, sure. And that is what makes him a solid return for Milwaukee. They’re not going to take our leftovers, you have to give to get. They’re pretty solid as an organization, and they have good prospects of their own. We could sign a fifth starter of the Gibson or whomever ilk and be better off, overall. We still have Wells as well. I’m not certain they do not view Irvin and Davidson as fifth starter candidates as well. And I would not be surprised to see Bruce Zimmermann make a comeback of sorts. His stuff at the end of the year, with less velo and better command and movement, got a lot of weak contact and seemingly more swing and miss. 

With Kremer, we could afford both Burnes and Williams as far as what capital we send back. It is not likely we are going to “fleece” most GM’s out there. You have to give up something to gain something. Kremer is easy to replace, so we can have Burnes lead our rotation and have him take the ball in game 1 of a postseason series. Kremer’s lone playoff start this year is a bit unfair to judge him in the long term, but I don’t think he has anywhere near the talent that Burnes does.

I am just not that interested in trading four years of control for one.   That puts too many eggs in the 2024 basket IMO.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Jammer7 said:

I’m not suggesting Irvin would lessen the prospect return. I’m saying give them prospect value and if they need a fill in send him in exchange for that reliever. We could also offer Voth if he’s still under our control. I’m just saying that adding him and trading Kremer means you still need another starter. And Means is nearing free agency as well and will need to be replaced. 

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I am just not that interested in trading four years of control for one.   That puts too many eggs in the 2024 basket IMO.

Indubitably…. I think we need to hang on to Kremer. If we add a one year guy then you have to replace two guys after the season as Means needs to be dealt.