Cease vs everyone else

Sports Guy

Just as a heat check on our Latin American group behind Samuel Basallo, what do you think Elias would do if Getz pivoted, admitted he knows we won't be good for 4 years, and said fine we would take Braylin Tavera, Luis De Leon, Joshua Liranzo and Thomas Sosa.      You go win with Joey Ortiz and Cade Povich.

Oh, and Keegan Akin, so there's someone casual fans have heard of.

32 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

The only reasons for them to not trade Robert is if the offer really suck or they feel he needs another healthy year under his belt.

That org isn’t winning anything for the next 4 years. It’s arguably the worst org in the sport, not much different than what the Os were when Elias took over.

Keeping Robert is like having the shiniest turd.

I would put the Angels up there as well.

14 minutes ago, ChicagoTerp said:

Looks like we've reached the message board v. message board stage of these rumors, which means it's time for these teams to just put everyone out of their misery and do something. Trade him to the Braves, O's, I don't care. O's can trade for him, Bieber, Burnes, I also don't care.

I predict that if anything does happen, it will be mid-January or later.  Elias is a patient guy and Getz appears to be in no hurry, either.

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Man, you guys put in requests to join opposing teams boards?

How much time do you have on your hands? And do you guys have any real life friends? Sheesh. 

I just thought it might be fun to spar with them a little bit.  Honestly, I’m kind of tired of discussing it over here.   

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Man, you guys put in requests to join opposing teams boards?

How much time do you have on your hands? And do you guys have any real life friends? Sheesh. 

Haha.  Get a load of Mr. Well Adjusted with the busy life.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I actually find the discussion on SoxTalk to be pretty civil and intelligent.  Are they a bit biased towards their guys?   Sure, just like we are biased towards ours.  Anyone who thinks we could or should get Cease with a package where Ortiz is the top prospect going back is kidding themselves.  

Then I guess we aren’t getting Cease as I don’t think Elias has any of them on the table. 

if your talking about my delusions, I really don’t want Cease so I hope we don’t trade one of our top 4. D much prefer Burnes. 

Plus, if Ortiz was listed as another teams #1 which is certainly possible in a number of cases White Sox fans would be creaming over him.

Edited by Roll Tide

17 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Then I guess we aren’t getting Cease as I don’t think Elias has any of them on the table. 

if your talking about my delusions, I really don’t want Cease so I hope we don’t trade one of our top 4. D much prefer Burnes. 

Plus, if Ortiz was listed as another teams #1 which is certainly possible in a number of cases White Sox fans would be creaming over him.

It’s been pretty clear from your posts in this thread that you have a lower opinion of Cease than I do.  That’s fine, you are entitled to your opinion.  I would not give up Holliday, Mayo or Basallo to get him but I’d be willing to part with Cowser or Kjerstad plus Ortiz, and maybe a third piece a bit further down our list if necessary.

18 minutes ago, Frobby said:

It’s been pretty clear from your posts in this thread that you have a lower opinion of Cease than I do.  That’s fine, you are entitled to your opinion.  I would not give up Holliday, Mayo or Basallo to get him but I’d be willing to part with Cowser or Kjerstad plus Ortiz, and maybe a third piece a bit further down our list if necessary.

You’d give up Kjerstad, Ortiz  plus? I’m glad you’re not the GM. If Elias offered that deal it would’ve been completed by now. 

2 hours ago, RZNJ said:

No one seems to be interested in Shane Bieber.  The cost should be relatively low because he’s a one year rental and he missed a huge chunk of last season.  He’s lost something off his fastball and his strikeout numbers have plummeted BUT he still put up 200 innings with a 2.87 FIP in 2022 with the same fastball velocity as he had in 2023.   He came back and made his last two starts of the season in September.   I’d rather pay the lower prospect price and take the risk on Bieber.   I still think there’s a lot of upside with a full season of a healthy Bieber.   

I actually like the idea of getting someone like Bieber or that type player and gamble to see if it works.  Bieber for Norby, Stowers and lottery ticket.  If it works great you kept lot of your top guys.  If not at the deadline you can take another shot as we have depth to trade.  I feel this is playoff caliber team right now as constructed the question is more can we make a deep run with a top of the rotation type pitcher.