Cease vs everyone else

Sports Guy

I’d argue that they way the offseason has shaken out so far has gone in our favor and made us less likely to make a Cease trade out of necessity. 

Ohtani - Dodgers

Yamamota - Dodgers 

Glasnow - Dodgers

Nola - Stayed with Philly

Soto - NYY

Chapman - doesn’t look like he’ll be back in Tor

Belligner - looks like Cubs

Stephenson - not going back to TB

There’s really only 4ish more stud pitchers to dodge. Montgomery, Snell, Imanaga, and Hader. 

Had these signings broke more to the AL East teams then we would be more leveraged to make a deal for Cease. 

IMO, this has been a dream scenario for O’s fans and Elias. 

5 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

What about Cowser, Beavers, and a Armbruester?

I’m not in favor of giving up both Cowser and Beavers, knowing that all three of our starting outfielders will be free agents in the next two years.  Armbruester is certainly expendable.  

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I’m not in favor of giving up both Cowser and Beavers, knowing that all three of our starting outfielders will be free agents in the next two years.  Armbruester is certainly expendable.  

Haskins is at AAA, and Bradfield probably starts at Bowie. They are going to hopefully deal a few guys off our roster, Mateo, Urias, Hays and Santander. They should be able to get a pretty good OF prospect 

7 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

No one…because no one said Povich is definitely being dealt. This is something he is making up in his own mind.

You're something else.  It's people like you on fan forums that push people away from sharing stuff.  Internet GM, that's what you are.  

Povich's circle was told, by the O's decision makers, he will not be traded this off-season & will be on an Orioles roster to begin the season.  Barring any injuries to him or others during the winter thru ST, Norfolk to start and a projected call no earlier than middle of May but likely June.  This group was also told the O's had no interest to include Povich to the WS for Cease.  And the WS want Povich included and haven't budged. 

Now, there's another Organization in serious & deep discussions.  One of the 2 or 3 best Orgs in all of baseball the last 8-9 seasons.  An actual offer that benefits both sides.  Based on when people were tipped off on this new development, and how serious it actually is, I felt responding to this thread that I'm ready to eat crow was warranted.  I'm comfortable enough in my own skin to own up to stuff.   

Here's the bottom line.  If you don't want information about players in the Orioles Organization shared on this forum then just say so.  There also seems like an option to ignore a poster, so click a couple buttons & make it happen.  Who I get the info from, where I get it from and when/how I decide to share it is none of your business.  First & foremost, I'm a fan of former Husker & don't have a single MLB team I root for - unless there are former Huskers in their Organizations.  

I didn't join this forum to post false information.  I didn't join this forum to make stuff up.  It's been mentioned, and I'm not going to waste additional time refreshing you.

Edited by HuskerFan

16 minutes ago, HuskerFan said:

You're something else.  It's people like you on fan forums that push people away from sharing stuff.  Internet GM, that's what you are.  

Povich's circle was told, by the O's decision makers, he will not be traded this off-season & will be on an Orioles roster to begin the season.  Barring any injuries to him or others during the winter thru ST, Norfolk to start and a projected call no earlier than middle of May but likely June.  This group was also told the O's had no interest to include Povich to the WS for Cease.  And the WS want Povich included and haven't budged. 

Now, there's another Organization in serious & deep discussions.  One of the 2 or 3 best Orgs in all of baseball the last 8-9 seasons.  An actual offer that benefits both sides.  Based on when people were tipped off on this new development, and how serious it actually is, I felt responding to this thread that I'm ready to eat crow was warranted.  I'm comfortable enough in my own skin to own up to stuff.   

Here's the bottom line.  If you don't want information about players in the Orioles Organization shared on this forum then just say so.  There also seems like an option to ignore a poster, so click a couple buttons & make it happen.  Who I get the info from, where I get it from and when/how I decide to share it is none of your business.  First & foremost, I'm a fan of former Husker & don't have a single MLB team I root for - unless there are former Huskers in their Organizations.  

I didn't join this forum to post false information.  I didn't join this forum to make stuff up.  It's been mentioned, and I'm not going to waste additional time refreshing you.

You never really read what people said…especially me.

In fact, in the beginning I defended you and said you probably know something seeing as you are a Husker fan.

You are the one who leapt to this “eating crow” blah blah conclusion, as if it’s some kind of news that player X doesn’t get traded.

All any of us said is that if a deal was there that they felt was better for them and they had to move Povich in the deal that they wouldn’t hesitate to do it. That’s it. No one was discrediting you or telling you that you are full of sh!t. Just that we didn’t believe that they made him an untouchable player, which is what you were saying despite what you feel the definition of untouchable is.

Thats it. No one said they don’t appreciate hearing from you or aren’t interested in what you had to say. All of that was drummed up in your own mind and you decided to run with it.

BTw, I think everyone took your original comment to mean WE need to eat crow because Povich isn’t being dealt.

Either way, if what you are saying is accurate at all and the way you describing things, that leads me to believe they would be talking to Houston about Valdez.

Edited by Sports Guy
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, HuskerFan said:

I read and comprehend just fine.  I don't make stuff up, which is what I replied to.

Yes, you made up the idea that people were somehow calling you a liar or whatever. No one ever said.  No one said Povich was definitely being traded yet you were like, well you all are going to eat crow.

So yea, that was made up in your mind.

Again, zero people are discounting the idea that you may know something. People are just saying they don’t believe he’s an untouchable player. That’s it.

Edited by Sports Guy

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Yes, you made up the idea that people were somehow calling you a liar or whatever.

That wasn't even being discussed.  

@joelala asked, "who's going to be eating it" and you, Mr. Internet GM, said, "This is something he is making up in his own mind."

Get lost.

19 minutes ago, HuskerFan said:

That wasn't even being discussed.  

@joelala asked, "who's going to be eating it" and you, Mr. Internet GM, said, "This is something he is making up in his own mind."

Get lost.

Honestly, I was confused by the original  “eat crow” comment. When I read it, I thought you meant that Povich wasn’t going to be traded and therefore other people on the board would be eating crow.   Now I see you meant that you might be eating crow.   The original comment was pretty cryptic.  Your more recent post was much more clear, so thanks for clarifying it.

I will say this - I am not calling you a liar, but I find it extremely odd that the Orioles’ organization would be sharing any of these details with Povich’s camp.  I’m definitely interested in what you have to say, and please keep reporting what you hear, but I’m still taking it all with a grain of salt because that mode of operation makes no sense to me.

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

I don’t blame the Sox for aiming high at this point in the offseason. They will come down eventually IMO but they don’t need to be in a hurry.

I suspect Getz will look to move him at the deadline, more chance for desperation than there is in the off-season.

16 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

If there are no minor leaguers in the negotiations then it must be for someone other than Cease.

Pretty clearly he's said that.

He's said HE might be eating crow because it's possible that Povich will be traded after all.

Not for Cease, but another deal with another team.

It's interesting to speculate what he's alluding to.  Apparently the new team is "one of the best organizations in the league the last 8-9 years."

Really, to me, that's a short list.  LAD, ATL, HOU, and TBR.  I'm not sure who else belongs on that list.

Are of those teams interested in trading a starter?

Edited by Pickles