Cease vs everyone else

Sports Guy

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

I absolutely can say it. 

This is the stated goal of the team. There are plenty of options out there and there is zero chance the Os have to give up one of the three “untouchables” to improve the pitching staff.

The rotation for the Os is not good enough. It has to be better and god forbid we have an injury to GRod or Bradish and if Sox the team is f’ed.

Kremer isn’t “that guy”. We don’t know what Means is going to give us. We don’t know what we will get from any of the current 5th starter options. They have to add a starter and it needs to be a difference maker. You don’t currently have 3 starters you feel good about in a playoffs series. The goal is to add AT LEAST one more guy that you feel good about for that.

They easily have the resources to do it. No excuses not to.

We also don’t know if Cease will be a “difference maker”.

15 hours ago, PepeSylvia said:

You keep making cryptic statements that are intentionally vague then being condescending to people when they don't understand. 

Just say what you know or go quietly into the night. 

Cryptic, vague, too funny.

Povich's circle was told, by the O's decision makers, he will not be traded this off-season & will be on an Orioles roster to begin the season. Barring any injuries to him or others during the winter thru ST, Norfolk to start and a projected call no earlier than middle of May but likely June. This group was also told the O's had no interest to include Povich to the WS for Cease. And the WS want Povich included and haven't budged. 

Now, there's another Organization in serious & deep discussions. One of the 2 or 3 best Orgs in all of baseball the last 8-9 seasons. An actual offer that benefits both sides. Based on when people were tipped off on this new development, and how serious it actually is, I felt responding to this thread that I'm ready to eat crow was warranted. I'm comfortable enough in my own skin to own up to stuff.   
Edited by HuskerFan

9 minutes ago, HuskerFan said:

Povich's circle was told, by the O's decision makers, he will not be traded this off-season & will be on an Orioles roster to begin the season. Barring any injuries to him or others during the winter thru ST, Norfolk to start and a projected call no earlier than middle of May but likely June. This group was also told the O's had no interest to include Povich to the WS for Cease. And the WS want Povich included and haven't budged. 

Now, there's another Organization in serious & deep discussions. One of the 2 or 3 best Orgs in all of baseball the last 8-9 seasons. An actual offer that benefits both sides. Based on when people were tipped off on this new development, and how serious it actually is, I felt responding to this thread that I'm ready to eat crow was warranted. I'm comfortable enough in my own skin to own up to stuff.   

What is the obsession with Povich other than he is like the only pitching prospect. He has not picthed well since coming over in the trade 

Just now, oriolediehard said:

Based on the popularity of this post, do most of us believe Cease is going to be an Oriole? So we can pencil Cease is in our rotation? I personally would rather have Luzardo who is much better than Cease!

I'd prefer a Seattle arm over either of these guys.

2 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

The one thing that I do feel is wrong about this trade talk is that the Os are in the best position because our system is so strong.

That isn’t necessarily true when the top 3 players are likely (and rightfully so) off the board. And if Cowser and Kjerstad are off the board, then it’s really not true.

They are in the strongest position.  They may not choose to exercise their advantage.  Just like the richest team doesn’t always choose to outbid everybody else.  

BTW, I don’t consider anyone untouchable in general.  But in the specific context of Cease, our top 3 would be off limits.  

This Yankees Cease rumor feels like a PR piece to drive up the Orioles offer.  I think the WS are sitting on a decent offer from Elias but they are trying to squeeze him for more and the reality is he can't get anyone to make a better offer.

I think the Orioles match up better with a team like the Marlins for Luzardo, at this point I kind of hope the WS get left holding the bag and go into the season with Cease still on their roster. 

7 minutes ago, RVAOsFan said:

This Yankees Cease rumor feels like a PR piece to drive up the Orioles offer.  I think the WS are sitting on a decent offer from Elias but they are trying to squeeze him for more and the reality is he can't get anyone to make a better offer.

I think the Orioles match up better with a team like the Marlins for Luzardo, at this point I kind of hope the WS get left holding the bag and go into the season with Cease still on their roster. 

I’m with you. I strongly prefer Luzardo, would give up more to get him, and I’m developing an unwarranted distaste for the WS decision makers. 😁

33 minutes ago, Orioles0615 said:

What is the obsession with Povich other than he is like the only pitching prospect. He has not picthed well since coming over in the trade 

Same obsession with Bragg.  And any future Husker that ends up in the O's org.

43 minutes ago, HuskerFan said:

Post what you want.  Others will apply the appropriate amounts of salt they need to (or not).  Others spout all sorts of rumors, theories, ultimatums, and hyperbole that we have to vet through.

I look at it as breadcrumbs on the trail.  It's not about "being right" but getting better.

There's a motive for everyone in the org to tell Povich/agent/etc. this though.  Unless your source is Elias himself, he's a pawn (not quite the right word, but the right direction).  Does Elias want Povich buying into the offseason workouts?  Does he want to boost Povich's self-esteem/motivation?  Does he want to strengthen his bargaining position?  All of that is a yes.  It helps the org no matter how it's spun.