Cease vs everyone else

Sports Guy

Just now, Malike said:

He is a good hitter, he's not going to be in the TEX bandbox, but he can hit. He can't carry that offense and they need more than just J-Rod. He's never gotten a full season of ABs, who knows what he'll hit like with more than 250-350 ABs at 33 years old?

The main point is that the Mariner's apparently believe in them and have them penciled in for RF and  DH respectively next season. Whether you or I believe in them is irrelevant. 

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

I really question the need for the 3rd or 4th guy if you have a top 35 and top 75 prospect in the deal.

I’d consider a 3rd or 4th but not as highly ranked as those you listed.  

9 minutes ago, HakunaSakata said:

You may not like the moves the Mariners have made (for bats), but they've certainly made them. It's pretty clear they plan on going into their season with Haniger as their primary RF and Garver as their primary DH. With those positions filled there's really no potential or match for them as a trade partner with the Orioles anymore.

I don’t really care.  I never thought a trade with Seattle was realistic

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

Stroman isn’t happening. They won’t pay it, so it doesn’t matter.

The only true ways to upgrade this rotation is via a trade or if Hall finds it as a starter. 

They should pay it.  They can afford it on a relatively short term deal before other guys get very expensive. 

Edited by Frobby

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

They should pay it.  They can afford it on a relatively short term team before other guys get very expensive. 

There are a lot of things they should do but alas, we have the owner we do, so most of this things have no chance of happening.

Apparently, the Sox have the next Randy Johnson. He's a tall LHP who has all of 27IP in Low A. They think that many teams would select him over players the same age in much higher leagues. Forget the fact that HS pitchers bust more than anyone, 15 years of SABR data, and HS pitchers were drafted in the first/supp rounds 172 times. A whopping 13% played in the major leagues.

Edited by Malike

21 minutes ago, ThisIsBirdland said:

They’re a garbage organization but we know what that looks like. Go look at our payrolls in 2017-2018. 

I’ve enjoyed all their nasty remarks about their owner, which sound very familiar.  But now they’re kind of assuming SG represents all Orioles fans, both substantively and stylistically. 

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

I’ve enjoyed all their nasty remarks about their owner, which sound very familiar.  But now they’re kind of assuming SG represents all Orioles fans, both substantively and stylistically. 

They should be glad I'm not bothering with them.

5 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

There are a lot of things they should do but alas, we have the owner we do, so most of this things have no chance of happening.

That is probably true, but we don’t actually know that Angelos wouldn’t let Elias run a $105 mm payroll.   They’d still be quite profitable at that level if Forbes’ numbers are even remotely close to correct.  

5 minutes ago, Malike said:

Apparently, the Sox have the next Randy Johnson. He's a tall LHP who has all of 27IP in Low A. They think that many teams would select him over players the same age in much higher leagues. Forget the fact that HS pitchers bust more than anyone, 15 years of SABR data, and HS pitchers were drafted in the first/supp rounds 172 times. A whopping 13% played in the major leagues.

What players the same age?  Their statement was that no team would take Ortiz over him. 

6 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

They should be glad I'm not bothering with them.

Yeah, I have no interest in engaging with them. The Chicago White Sox dude who came here and was like I'm chill, you guys are awesome, is basically the board know it all. Now Kjerstad, Ortiz, and 3rd 45FV guy isn't enough for Cease lol because Ortiz will be playing his age 25 season next year, what an old man! They have a 20-year-old pitcher in Low A that they think is more valuable than our teenagers destroying AA/AAA. Cool stuff.

Edited by Malike

9 minutes ago, Frobby said:

What players the same age?  Their statement was that no team would take Ortiz over him. 

Basallo and Mayo. More than 1 said most teams would take Schultz over both of them.

Edited by Malike

5 minutes ago, Frobby said:

That is probably true, but we don’t actually know that Angelos wouldn’t let Elias run a $105 mm payroll.   They’d still be quite profitable at that level if Forbes’ numbers are even remotely close to correct.  

C’mon Froberto Duran. Haven’t you learned anything posting here?

If money is not to be spent it’s only because Elias REEEEEALLY wants to but gets blocked at every given opportunity by an Angelos. 

To summarize:

Anything good for the Orioles: credit Elias 

Anything bad for the Orioles: blame Angelos