Cease vs everyone else

Sports Guy

2 hours ago, TopGunnar said:

I’m really curious what the white Sox are asking for. Their GM can’t be that ignorant to ask for multiple top prospects from our pool. 

My impression was Cowser, Ortiz, Norby, and Bradfield based off what they are asking from the Reds. You can exchange Cowser/Kjsertad /Westburg, and  Norby/Povich, Bradfield/McDermott. But that’s the wheelhouse.

1 hour ago, Roll Tide said:

My impression was Cowser, Ortiz, Norby, and Bradfield based off what they are asking from the Reds. You can exchange Cowser/Kjsertad /Westburg, and  Norby/Povich, Bradfield/McDermott. But that’s the wheelhouse.

They're still way too high on the asking price. 

People are speculating that they may end up holding him until the deadline to try to get the way-over-market-value payout they desire, but that's a crazy gamble.  A bad first half, or a first half injury, and they've tanked his trade value almost entirely and might only get to trade him for dregs, or not at all.

5 minutes ago, Morgan423 said:

They're still way too high on the asking price. 

People are speculating that they may end up holding him until the deadline to try to get the way-over-market-value payout they desire, but that's a crazy gamble.  A bad first half, or a first half injury, and they've tanked his trade value almost entirely and might only get to trade him for dregs, or not at all.

That’s why he hasn’t been dealt, if he ends up having a CY Young 1st half they might get more. If not they probably they return as the clock continues to run.

Just now, Sports Guy said:

Awful:

https://nypost.com/2024/01/18/sports/astros-emerging-as-possible-josh-hader-fit-in-mlb-free-agency/

There’s growing belief the White Sox could hold onto Dylan Cease until the trade deadline. The Orioles have the best prospects but don’t want to part with top infield prospect Jordan Westburg.

Do the folks here think that Westburg should be on the untouchable list? 

13 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Awful:

https://nypost.com/2024/01/18/sports/astros-emerging-as-possible-josh-hader-fit-in-mlb-free-agency/

There’s growing belief the White Sox could hold onto Dylan Cease until the trade deadline. The Orioles have the best prospects but don’t want to part with top infield prospect Jordan Westburg.

A. I have no idea whether Heyman has correct information or not.  

B. I doubt that the offer was Westburg for Cease straight up.  So it may be that they asked for others and Westburg.  Elias might have said if you want those guys, you can't have Westburg too.  So I can't judge this based on the information that Heyman has presented even if it is semi-accurate as far as it goes.

5 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

A. I have no idea whether Heyman has correct information or not.  

B. I doubt that the offer was Westburg for Cease straight up.  So it may be that they asked for others and Westburg.  Elias might have said if you want those guys, you can't have Westburg too.  So I can't judge this based on the information that Heyman has presented even if it is semi-accurate as far as it goes.

If Heyman is correct, making Westburg off limits is awful. None of these other things really matter.

Elias can’t keep and play everyone. 

Edited by Sports Guy

21 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Awful:

Brilliant. Why would we give up Westburg for two years of a mediocre SP?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

If Heyman is correct, making Westburg off limits is awful. None of these other things really matter.

Elias can’t keep and play everyone. 

3B: Westburg

SS: Henderson

2B: Holliday

1B: Mayo 

There you go. Not difficult.