Cease vs everyone else

Sports Guy

5 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

IIRC, the Teixeira saga was a few separate threads. @Tony-OH or @Frobbycan clarify. 

You are correct.   It kept getting so long that Tony would close it and start another.  If you just sort the list like @dystopia said, you’ll see threads of 309, 161, 154, 154, 140, 140, 83, 74, 70, 65 and 63 pages all titled “The Teixeira Watch” but with “Part __” after the first one.  So, that’s 1281 pages total.  

To be fair, there have been a few other Cease threads, too.  The amazing thing about this one is about half of the thread has had nothing to do with Cease, it’s just rambled all over the place.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

I've got the benefit of hindsight now, of course, but I don't remember thinking we were going to sign him or had any chance to do so.  

I will say, going to the Yankees was a bit of a surprise though, but it shouldn't have been unexpected.  I did think it was hilarious how people here had a meltdown about how he grew up a Yankees fan, though.  A lot of "Blarrrrrgggh, we didn't want him anyway!" type of stuff.

I thought he claimed he was an Oriole fan growing up.  Then after he signed with the Yankees finally, he said he'd been a Yankee fan growing up.  My memory is not always great so I could be wrong on that.

Edited by O's84

2 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

SI "articles" are worthless. They just regurgitate tweets and build an article around it for clicks. This means nothing. 

Literally from the article: Nightengale doesn't explicitly say the Orioles are done with the trade talks, but he's alluding to the Seattle Mariners being the only team still at the negotiating table as Spring Training is right around the corner.

Edited by interloper

1 minute ago, interloper said:

SI "articles" are worthless. They just regurgitate tweets and build an article around it for clicks. This means nothing. 

Literally from the article: Nightengale doesn't explicitly say the Orioles are done with the trade talks, but he's alluding to the Seattle Mariners being the only team still at the negotiating table as Spring Training is right around the corner.

I think they are mostly AI generated at this point.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

We have to stop posting SI links on here. Especially when it's just Bob Nightengale saying whatever. It's a bad look for the message board. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Aristotelian said:

Pretty soon even the swimsuit issue will be AI generated!

Have you seen the crap fest they have put out in the Swimsuit issue the last couple of years?  It would be better if it was AI generated.   LOL

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Frobby said:

The Nightengale piece does say towards the end that talks between the O’s and Sox about Cease have “stopped.”  Fine, but how is Nightengale an “insider?”   He’s a reporter, nothing else.  

Sure they’ve stopped.  The WS demanded a certain player or two and Elias countered with a different package.  If Getz won’t budge and Elias won’t budge there’s nothing to talk about until one of them decides to budge.   

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

Have you seen the crap fest they have put out in the Swimsuit issue the last couple of years?  It would be better if it was AI generated.   LOL

Daniela Pestova was a generational talent.

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

The writer's union was notified on the 19th that "most if not all" of the staff were to be laid off.  I could make a joke about the AI walking out in solidarity but on second thought I won't.