Cease vs everyone else

Sports Guy

1 hour ago, HuskerFan said:

That isn't what I said so don't put words in my mouth.  

What I did say, for the third time:  Sounds like everyone on here can remove Povich from their trade options this winter. 

There is 0% chance he's not with the O's in ST '24.  Enjoy the next couple months, I'll be back mid February.

Given how much time you're spending clarifying yourself, perhaps you would benefit from putting a few more words into your own mouth.  This cryptic, mysterious insider shtick does nothing better than generate more questions.  And it gets tiresome.

10 minutes ago, HuskerFan said:

Thank you for the kind words.  Noted and understood going forward.  For what it's worth, although I introduced myself in one of my very first posts months ago, let me do it again.  

I'm an older gentleman, retired living between NE & FL.  We do have a home in AZ too, although our daughter and her family currently live in it.  Husker fan first and foremost and don't have a favorite MLB team.  I follow all former Huskers at the next level and to a much lesser extent follow other kids from the state.  I follow them, and the Nebraska program itself, very closely.  I will say the Orioles are fun to watch, but my only interest is due to a few former Huskers involved in the organization.  

I'm not overly familiar with participating on these types of public websites as I usually just read blogs for an hour or so in the morning and move on to the rest of my day.   I came across this website and really enjoy the in-season chat that was going on and decided to create a name and occasionally make a comment.  

Okay, enough from me ruining this discussion of trade opinions.  Back to regular programming.  Have a nice day everyone and Happy Holidays.

It's nice to hear new voices on here.  I remember your earlier posts on Povich (last winter I believe).  It's just a message board, so don't take anything personally.  Thanks for posting and sharing.  I find the rumor stuff interesting, because hey - its a message board lol.

I'm pulling for your man Brice Matthews.  I got a chance to see him play 4 games last year and was very impressed.  He's also a hell of a nice guy.  He went above any beyond when my son met and got his autograph last year.  Wishing him the best and all the luck in his career.  Nebraska had a heck of a good team last year and I was super impressed by the number of fans that travel to watch their baseball team play!  Lucky guys - don't see that much in college baseball.  

Ok back to Cease. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, HuskerFan said:

I never said untouchable though.  You did.  I gave you my definition of untouchable for this discussion.  

The Os won't trade Povich this winter for Cease or any other opportunity.  Yes, I said it and stand by it.  

No, you said untouchable without saying the word untouchable.  You can deny it but what you said is the exact definition of it.

And I’m sure there’s an excellent chance he won’t be traded.  There is an excellent chance that 99% of the players in the org won’t be traded.

32 minutes ago, 24fps said:

Given how much time you're spending clarifying yourself, perhaps you would benefit from putting a few more words into your own mouth.  This cryptic, mysterious insider shtick does nothing better than generate more questions.  And it gets tiresome.

And for crying out loud.  There is nothing cryptic about what I said.  The online fantasy wanna-be GM's are struggling.  And multiple pages of people complaining.  

Sounds like everyone on here can remove Povich from their trade options this winter. Solid reports coming out of their camp, O's are very high on him & expect him to be a contributor in 2024.

22 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

No, you said untouchable without saying the word untouchable.  You can deny it but what you said is the exact definition of it.

And I’m sure there’s an excellent chance he won’t be traded.  There is an excellent chance that 99% of the players in the org won’t be traded.

That's how you interpreted it.  That isn't what I said.  And when you brought it up, I gave you what my meaning of untouchable is.  I defined it., and yours is different.  You're struggling with it.   

99% of the players in the org aren't a hot topic of trade on this website.  

Edited by HuskerFan

1 minute ago, HuskerFan said:

That's how you interpreted it.  That isn't what I said.  And when you brought it up, I gave you what my meaning of untouchable is.  I defined it.  You're struggling with it.   

99% of the players in the org aren't a hot topic of trade on this website.  

Yes but your definition of untouchable isn’t actually correct.

You are saying that if another teams asks for Povich in a trade this offseason, that the Os are definitely saying no.

That is what untouchable means. 

Povich isn’t a hot topic of trade on this site. He is a player mentioned because teams probably will want a pitcher back and McDermott is valued higher by most people on here, so Povich is the one people say to trade.  However, he isn’t mentioned nearly as much as many other players are.

5 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

You are saying that if another teams asks for Povich in a trade this offseason, that the Os are definitely saying no.

That is what untouchable means. 

Povich isn’t a hot topic of trade on this site. He is a player mentioned because teams probably will want a pitcher back and McDermott is valued higher by most people on here, so Povich is the one people say to trade.  However, he isn’t mentioned nearly as much as many other players are.

That is your definition.  Your choice of label.  Not mine.  Povich will not be traded this winter.  He will be in the O's ST.  He will be in the organization opening day.  You call it whatever you like to call it.   

He is most definitely a hot topic.   Excuse me, in this thread (instead of website).  99% of the other players aren't.  

Edited by HuskerFan
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

C'mon, SG, please give it a rest.  Who cares if his definition doesn't match yours?  He's telling you that is what he meant.  Can't we just let it drop?  Thanks.

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, HuskerFan said:

And for crying out loud.  There is nothing cryptic about what I said.  The online fantasy wanna-be GM's are struggling.  And multiple pages of people complaining.  

Sounds like everyone on here can remove Povich from their trade options this winter. Solid reports coming out of their camp, O's are very high on him & expect him to be a contributor in 2024.

Let's see, your info comes from the "Povich camp" which could be "a number of different people"... Nope, nothing cryptic about that at all.  Look, credibility is immediately going to be an issue for anyone posting insider information and no amount of name-calling is going to have any impact.  If anything, just the opposite.

22 minutes ago, HuskerFan said:

This is less definitive than how I characterized it in my prior post, so I apologize for that.   I don’t doubt that the O’s are high on Povich and expect him to contribute in 2024.   It wouldn’t surprise me if they’ve said something like that to him.  I just don’t think they would have said to him, “don’t worry, you won’t be traded.”  But now that I re-read this, you never said that the Orioles told him that.   It seems to be more your own conclusion that the O’s won’t trade Povich because they are high on him and believe he can contribute in 2024.   And I agree it’s not likely that they’ll trade him, for those reasons.   

2 minutes ago, 24fps said:

Let's see, your info comes from the "Povich camp" which could be "a number of different people"... Nope, nothing cryptic about that at all.  Look, credibility is immediately going to be an issue for anyone posting insider information and no amount of name-calling is going to have any impact.  If anything, just the opposite.

The information isn't cryptic. Who it came from is none of your business or anyone else's.  I'm not looking for insider status, or anything else nor did anything like that cross my mind.  I felt it was info this website would enjoy, but quickly learned a lesson.  And that's okay.

See you in February, fps.