Cease vs everyone else

Sports Guy

7 minutes ago, interloper said:

If the Sox are asking for Pepiot in a Cease deal, who exactly are they looking at from us, pitching-wise? Don't think a deal happens without Hall involved, plus one of the position players. 

Just because they wanted a pitcher from LA doesn’t mean they have to get one from us.

5 minutes ago, joelala said:

It stands to reason that they’d like to get an ML or close to ML ready pitcher back as part of the return. Lots of innings to replace. 

It’s possible…but they can deal other guys..or sign guys.  The goal should be to take the best package available, regardless of position.

6 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

It’s possible…but they can deal other guys..or sign guys.  The goal should be to take the best package available, regardless of position.

Oh for sure, but I’m not sure the white Sox are that pragmatic. They’re org is such a mess. 

12 minutes ago, joelala said:

It stands to reason that they’d like to get an ML or close to ML ready pitcher back as part of the return. Lots of innings to replace. 

That had been my line of thought as well and figured that guy would be Hall.  I'm not sure if the FO would part with Hall AND another impact prospect type.  Not sure if Povich would be enticing for them.  I agree with SG that they should get the best package possible, but there's also the fact that they have to cover his 177 innings. I'm be a little surprised if a P doesn't go back in a Cease trade.

10 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Trade them Tyler Wells

I'd do that in a heartbeat.  I'd think they'd want someone with a bit more upside.  He does have a lot of service time left.  I think he'd be more interesting to a team that is also trying to compete like Seatle or Miami.   

25 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

That had been my line of thought as well and figured that guy would be Hall.  I'm not sure if the FO would part with Hall AND another impact prospect type.  Not sure if Povich would be enticing for them.  I agree with SG that they should get the best package possible, but there's also the fact that they have to cover his 177 innings. I'm be a little surprised if a P doesn't go back in a Cease trade.

Something like Hall and Ortiz could work but man would it hurt.

On 11/15/2023 at 3:34 PM, Sports Guy said:

How many pitchers, that this team could reasonably acquire, would you take over Cease?

By reasonably acquire, I’m saying that they aren’t signing anyone to a 4+ year deal. They aren’t giving anyone 9 figures.

They may be able to do it but it’s just not going to happen.

So Cease vs other trade possibilities and any FA pitcher that could get 3 or less years.

Who would you prefer and why?

After watching this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpAwMyCZG14

I'm just not certain he would fit in Balmer....

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I know right?

Not a lego in sight!

Hahaha.  Super serious and clean looking dude.  Personality of a saltine.  I guess there are the serious mustache dudes and the ironic mustache dudes.  Hes definitely the former.  Maybe he’d enjoy taking a class at MICA.