Cease vs everyone else

Sports Guy

31 minutes ago, ThisIsBirdland said:

Watching posters on the White Sox message board throwing a fit because we haven't already offered Kjerstad, Ortiz, Povich and Beavers is wild. Cease is so clearly worth this haul, and the O's are just delusionally hoarding their prospects if they don't offer it.

A lot of them are hating on Mike Elias because he hasn’t given them exactly what they want yet.  Silly but amusing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pickles said:

Ya'll posting over there?

Tell them to F off and have fun with their 19 year old A ball pitchers.

I haven’t registered, just lurking for Cease rumors. And again, every fanbase has their more or less rational fans. But still, a lot of them seem to actually take it personally and are legitimately angry at the Os. 

36 minutes ago, ThisIsBirdland said:

Watching posters on the White Sox message board throwing a fit because we haven't already offered Kjerstad, Ortiz, Povich and Beavers is wild. Cease is so clearly worth this haul, and the O's are just delusionally hoarding their prospects if they don't offer it.

If I've learned one thing about White Sox fans through this, it's that they believe 2022 Dylan Cease is what they are trading and any suggestion otherwise is stupid. They see him as a Cy Young caliber pitcher and nothing less, like we're trading for 2 cheap years of prime Kershaw or something.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ThisIsBirdland said:

I haven’t registered, just lurking for Cease rumors. And again, every fanbase has their more or less rational fans. But still, a lot of them seem to actually take it personally and are legitimately angry at the Os. 

That's how you know we have the best offer.

Ortiz is the headliner. And there is no other top 50 prospect coming along.  Live with it.

Or, like I said, F off and have fun with you 19 year old pitchers.

2 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Ya'll posting over there?

Tell them to F off and have fun with their 19 year old A ball pitchers.

I tried to sign up to post but they don’t make it easy.  They never send the link to register so I finally gave up.  @Chicago White Sox says he hopes Mike Elias cries when he has to give up what it will take to get Cease.  Lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, PepeSylvia said:

If I've learned one thing about White Sox fans through this, it's that they believe 2022 Dylan Cease is what they are trading and any suggestion otherwise is stupid. They see him as a Cy Young caliber pitcher and nothing less, like we're trading for 2 cheap years of prime Kershaw or something.

Upvoted just for the great handle.  Welcome on board.

Just now, RZNJ said:

I tried to sign up to post but they don’t make it easy.  They never send the link to register so I finally gave up.  @Chicago White Sox says he hopes Mike Elias cries when he has to give up what it will take to get Cease.  Lol

If Mike Elias feels like crying over what he "has" to give up for Cease, then he simply won't make the trade.

These people are not being rational.

23 hours ago, cnmilton said:

If the Os could acquire Corbin Burnes for 4 years of Kremer, 5 years of Westburg (3rd base for Brewers), and 6 years of Ort8z (Adames replacement at Short), would this deal work? The Os would get a compensation pick after offering Burnes at the end of the season, which he would reject (assuming he stays healthy all year)

I think that's a massive overpay for 1 year of anyone. That's why I'm not particularly interested in Burnes.

Now, if we were like the Dodgers and had an extension worked out, that might be a different story. But we'll just lose these guys to FA if Angelos doesn't sell.

1 hour ago, ThisIsBirdland said:

Your post prompted me to visit SoxTalk.   It looks to me like most of their posters overrate Cease and really see him as the 2022 version in terms of the return they should get. I think I’ll join that forum and throw a little cold water on them. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Your post prompted me to visit SoxTalk.   It looks to me like most of their posters overrate Cease and really see him as the 2022 version in terms of the return they should get. I think I’ll join that forum and throw a little cold water on them. 

Isn't retirement great?  🙂

33 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Upvoted just for the great handle.  Welcome on board.

That right there is a thread. Now let's talk about the thread. Can we talk about the thread please, @Pickles? I've been dying to talk about the thread with you all day, okay? @PepeSylvia, this name keeps comin' up over and over and over again. Every day Pepe's posts getting sent to me. Pepe Silvia, Pepe Silvia, I look on the site, this whole thread is Pepe Silvia! So I say to myself I gotta find this guy. I gotta go up to his office, I gotta put an upvote in the guy's goddamn hands! Otherwise he's never gonna get it, it's gonna keep coming back down here. So I go up to Pepe's office and what do I find out, @Pickles, what do I find out? There is no Pepe Silvia. The man does not exist, okay? So I decided, ohh shit, buddy, I gotta dig a little deeper. There's no Pepe Silvia, you gotta be kidding me, I got threads full of Pepe! All right, so I start marching my way down to @Frobby in H.R. and I knock on his door and I say, "Froobby, Frooobby! I gotta talk to you about Pepe!" And when I open the door, what do I find? There's not a single goddamn desk in that office. There is no @Frobby in H.R. @Pickles, half the posters  on this site have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

• Haha 2

ChiSox59 said:  Kjerstad, Ortiz, Povich and Beavers is my ask and I am not budging. 

The thing I don’t like about this is there’s a decent chance Kjerstad turns into a LH Eloy and Ortiz turns into Jose Iglesias. I do like Povich and Beavers as secondary pieces though but I’m just not a fan of the two headliners.

🤣