Craig Kimbrel - Signing

E-D-D-I-E

33 minutes ago, WietersCorner said:

Why is everyone assuming a Kimbrel signing stops us from getting another reliever? I have high hopes we end up with another high leverage arm as well.

Tate is said healthy so, though i wouldn't rely solely on him being that other addition. Elias has done a fine job of finding RPs that are castaways so im not worried, he can find another. 

1 minute ago, oriolediehard said:

On the Chris Russo (High Heat) show he said the O's need to sign their core players and sign Hader or Hicks, he didn't think much of  Kimbrel signing.  He said if the O's want to continue to be Perennial contenders they are going to have to spend to keep up with the other AL East clubs. 

I don't think they need Hader or Hicks (though Hader would be awesome), but I do think they could use another high-leverage reliever.   I am not sure Cano is that guy.   Hall COULD be that guy, but he might be starting. 

I’m surprised Kimbrel cost $13 mm after earning $10 mm last year, though he was a little better in 2023 than 2022.   However, the difference doesn’t really matter to me.   The team can easily afford him and the signing shouldn’t stop the team from signing anyone else they care to sign.  And, I like that it’s one-year commitment for us but we have an option for a second year if we feel it’s warranted.