MLB Offseason Moves/Rumor Thread

ThisIsBirdland

Just now, RZNJ said:

He’s essentially saying the team is good as it sits but I want to make it better.   We have a few irons in the fire and I’m trying to see what I think is the best way forward both short term and long term.

So you aren't going to say you misrepresented what I said eh?

Typical, but have your fun.

12 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I’d agree.  The tone sounds defensive.   

I'm curious.   Elias is a pretty recognizable face among Oriole fans, at this poitn.   When he is out around town, at the grocery store or Lowes or a gas station, do you think fans come up to him and start talking about when are you going to get us some starting pitching?

And if it happens, do you think it happens a LOT?   To the point where it is starting to wear on him or annoy him?

I don't think I'd ever be so forward as to approach someone in that manner, but I don't know  if other people would be more aggressive doing something like that.  

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

I'm curious.   Elias is a pretty recognizable face among Oriole fans, at this poitn.   When he is out around town, at the grocery store or Lowes or a gas station, do you think fans come up to him and start talking about when are you going to get us some starting pitching?

And if it happens, do you think it happens a LOT?   To the point where it is starting to wear on him or annoy him?

I don't think I'd ever be so forward as to approach someone in that manner, but I don't know  if other people would be more aggressive doing something like that.  

Not so much but I think he’s aware of stuff like the Fangraphs article.  Most national columnists have basically said the Orioles need to do something.   I think he’s aware of public perception/opinion that he hasn’t proven himself with the big move.  He says he feels no pressure to do something but I think he does.

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

So you are saying sign him and see what happens?   If he is disruptive then what?

I'm saying check in with guys like Adley, Gunnar, Santander, to see if they care about playing with him or not.

I'm not advocating for Trevor Bauer, mind you.  I'm merely saying that if the guys on the team are cool with him, that's all that matters.

6 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I'm saying check in with guys like Adley, Gunnar, Santander, to see if they care about playing with him or not.

I'm not advocating for Trevor Bauer, mind you.  I'm merely saying that if the guys on the team are cool with him, that's all that matters.

I understand your point but doubt management will ever poll players on roster make up-that's a dangerous precedent to set.

28 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

So you aren't going to say you misrepresented what I said eh?

Typical, but have your fun.

Here comes the drama queen again.   How did I misrepresent what you said?

Whether exactly or essentially saying, I think you got it wrong either way.  Lol

Edited by RZNJ
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Not so much but I think he’s aware of stuff like the Fangraphs article.  Most national columnists have basically said the Orioles need to do something.   I think he’s aware of public perception/opinion that he hasn’t proven himself with the big move.  He says he feels no pressure to do something but I think he does.

I think it would be a good thing if he's feeling at least a little pressure to push this team over the top.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Apparently he’s a clubhouse problem.

I read some of the “dirt” on Clevinger on the CWS board. Just looking at it from a distance… he was on two very dysfunctional and underachieving clubhouses in SD and CWS. 

Winning fixes a lot of issues. Losing brings out a lot of issues. 

I think we have a strong enough clubhouse and manager. 

4 minutes ago, SemperFi said:

I understand your point but doubt management will ever poll players on roster make up-that's a dangerous precedent to set.

I think they check whatever sources they have whether it be ex coaches or current players who played previously with a player as kind of a background check on players they’re interested in.

Just now, RZNJ said:

Here comes the drama queen again.   How did I misrepresent what you said?

Oh cool, here come the personal attacks again.

It's simple, and I already pointed it out to you but you do tend to get myopic where I am concerned.

That’s not exactly what he said but have your fun.

You said that after I clearly said "essentially".

I purposefully added the word essentially because I knew you would try and take my comment, which i thought was clearly already not meant to be an exact quote, and spin it that way.

You, of course did it anyway.

Then you neglected to acknowledge your "mistake".

All straight out of your playbook, as is you attack on me when called out on it.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Oh cool, here come the personal attacks again.

It's simple, and I already pointed it out to you but you do tend to get myopic where I am concerned.

You said that after I clearly said "essentially".

I purposefully added the word essentially because I knew you would try and take my comment, which i thought was clearly already not meant to be an exact quote, and spin it that way.

You, of course did it anyway.

Then you neglected to acknowledge your "mistake".

All straight out of your playbook, as is you attack on me when called out on it.

Here’s what you originally said.

Cool, now we got the guy in charge essentially saying well we won 101 so we don't actually need to do something significant to improve the team.”

I said that’s not exactly what he’s saying.  You posted “essentially say” like there’s a significant difference.   I cleared it up for you.  He’s not saying the team is good and we don’t need to do anything.  He’s saying the team is good and I’m trying to make it better.   I think those are two different interpretations to what he said.   Your comments clearly show that you think he’s happy with the team as it sits.  I don’t agree.  He thinks it’s good.  He’s right.

• Upvote 1