MLB Offseason Moves/Rumor Thread

ThisIsBirdland

5 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Here’s what you originally said.

Cool, now we got the guy in charge essentially saying well we won 101 so we don't actually need to do something significant to improve the team.”

I said that’s not exactly what he’s saying.  You posted “essentially say” like there’s a significant difference.   I cleared it up for you.  He’s not saying the team is good and we don’t need to do anything.  He’s saying the team is good and I’m trying to make it better.   I think those are two different interpretations to what he said.   Your comments clearly show that you think he’s happy with the team as it sits.  I don’t agree.  He thinks it’s good.  He’s right.

There is a significant difference.

I specifically said one thing and your statement implied that I said something else.

I also disagree with your interpretation, both of his statement and what "I clearly think". 

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

There is a significant difference.

I specifically said one thing and your statement implied that I said something else.

I also disagree with your interpretation, both of his statement and what "I clearly think". 

image.gif.8de8717e3f26c3c86799ed78820f06ae.gif

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I think they check whatever sources they have whether it be ex coaches or current players who played previously with a player as kind of a background check on players they’re interested in.

Of course they do-quietly but you never, ever want to open up the "can of worms" of asking players (especially those who he never played with) about roster make up.  I can't imagine a business that was making nine figure capital investments in an individual not doing their due diligence.  

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

I'm saying check in with guys like Adley, Gunnar, Santander, to see if they care about playing with him or not.

I'm not advocating for Trevor Bauer, mind you.  I'm merely saying that if the guys on the team are cool with him, that's all that matters.

Imo the guys that have off the field problems just aren’t that good to warrant signing them in spite of it

8 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

Nevin and now Guzman. Elias must really think he's gonna get some of our AAA corner IF depth traded away

I don't think so.  Last year Elias picked up Cordero, O'Hearn, Diaz and Lester.  It didn't mean any one of the 26 man roster would be traded.   Its just depth at AAA.

Edited by wildcard
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, brooooksy said:

Imo the guys that have off the field problems just aren’t that good to warrant signing them in spite of it

Like I said, depends on what the guys on the team currently think.

Off the top of my head (and I realize no analogy is a perfect analogy) Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen didn't care that Dennis Rodman was a weirdo.  They knew he'd help them win championships.  

13 minutes ago, ScGO's said:

I think Guzman is being transitioned into a LHP and a potential 2 way guy. Reports wer his FB was up to 96

Yeah he’s been working on becoming a pitcher.  

Given our success as an organization in developing a position player into a pitcher- granted it was years ago- and our time then and now in developing castoff relievers into solid weapons, I am intrigued with Guzman.  

Saw him in some games in 2019 while on vacation in Texas, and this dude has a cannon for an arm.  So worth a flier if they think they see something, you never know what he might become.  

• Upvote 1