MLB Offseason Moves/Rumor Thread

ThisIsBirdland

2 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Crazy. But if you don't grow the arms you're going to have to pay up for pitching via free agency or trade. I hope this rumored sale of the team isn't limiting what Elias can do financially.

Not adding a quality starter is going to have consequences for next season.

To me it just reinforces Cease’s value for teams unwilling or unable to increase payroll. Applies to other longer term options as well (Mariners/Marlins) but I just don’t see the prospects being made available for those moves. 

22 minutes ago, DenaOsHon said:

Damn! Dodgers are gonna be ridiculous 

Pepiot is going to be in the Rays starting rotation for the next 5 years (or 4 if traded).  I'm sure the Rays thought it was a great deal trading 1 year for 5 years plus trim a bunch of money off their payroll.  I won't be surprised if Pepiot is better than Kremer this year.

12 minutes ago, ThisIsBirdland said:

To me it just reinforces Cease’s value for teams unwilling or unable to increase payroll. Applies to other longer term options as well (Mariners/Marlins) but I just don’t see the prospects being made available for those moves. 

I've been of the opinion going the trade route would give the Orioles the best shot at landing a quality starter. And that opinion is only getting reinforced when Jack Flaherty is getting $14M AAV.

Plus the Orioles have a surplus of prospects. It's time to trade some established players and/or prospects to land a pitcher who is better than Kyle Gibson level.

Just now, OriolesMagic83 said:

Pepiot is going to be in the Rays starting rotation for the next 5 years (or 4 if traded).  I'm sure the Rays thought it was a great deal trading 1 year for 5 years plus trim a bunch of money off their payroll.  I won't be surprised if Pepiot is better than Kremer this year.

Pepiot is legit yeah. Rays didn't get a whole lot worse with this one IMO.

3 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Will he continue to carry that .213 lifetime BABIP or will the peripherals catch up with him. Rays always seem to know what they’re doing with pitching but I don’t see it in the stats with this guy. 

15 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Rays always make great trades at the right time.