MLB Offseason Moves/Rumor Thread

ThisIsBirdland

3 hours ago, E-D-D-I-E said:

More then 3/4 of what we 'hear' from the media about anything is 'basically fiction.' Baseball is no exception. 

It's all part of a massive conspiracy that fools just about everyone except the few really smart people who can see through it all.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2023/12/hazen-diamondbacks-looking-to-add-another-bat.html

Another team that could be interested in Santander or Mountcastle.

Maybe you can trade one of these vets that can bring back some minor league pitching that you could use to get Cease?

I'm not sure I see a fit for Mounty. Suarez is penciled in at 3B, Walker at 1B, and Gurriel at DH. Santander might work tfor them hough if they're ablet to o shift their OFs around. Unfortunately I don't think the D'Backs have enough starting pitching depth to trade a MLB ready starter. 

6 minutes ago, orioles22 said:

I was trying to sarcastic. Unfortunately, too many people still like to believe they are the really smart ones even if Fox News had to pay billions for spreading this drivel. No reason to ever bring it into a sports discussion.

Come on folks, no one wants to hear about this here.

• Upvote 1

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2023/12/details-on-dylan-cease-trade-talks-between-white-sox-reds.html

The Reds were known to be one of the clubs interested in Cease, though 670 The Score’s Bruce Levine reported that the Sox had asked for a four-player trade package — pitching prospects Rhett Lowder and Chase Petty, as well as two position-player prospects.

Jason Williams of the Cincinnati Enquirer sheds some more light on Chicago’s demands, writing that the White Sox wanted Lowder, Edwin Arroyo, Connor Phillips, “and at least one more prospect.”  This could mean that the Sox wanted a five-player return, with Petty and an unknown position player comprising the other two names involved. MLB Pipeline ranks Lowder, Arroyo, and Phillips within the top 68 prospects in all of baseball, while Lowder (45th) and Phillips (86th) also ranked within Baseball America’s last top 100 ranking from September.

If that is what the White Sox are demanding, they can keep him. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, orioles22 said:

I was trying to sarcastic. Unfortunately, too many people still like to believe they are the really smart ones even if Fox News had to pay billions for spreading this drivel. No reason to ever bring it into a sports discussion.

Apologies then.

Carry on all, I’ll see myself out. 

6 minutes ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

Garver to the Mariners:

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2023/12/mariners-to-sign-mitch-garver.html

That would seemingly put an end to the "Santander or Mountcastle + prospects for Miller/Woo/Gilbert" talk.

Yep, I saw this too and had the same thought. I think the Mariners are going to hang on to their pitching.