Roch wants us to lower expectations

Sports Guy

Elias is waiting for a few more dominoes to fall before making a trade for a top guy like Cease, Burnes, Luzardo, etc. The more teams that fill positions the better the deal we will get. I think he knows it’ll be a trade and the best deal will be had like the last week of January. You risk losing out on your guy but if you’re a little flexible on the who you’ll get a better deal.  

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Orange said:

Elias is waiting for a few more dominoes to fall before making a trade for a top guy like Cease, Burnes, Luzardo, etc. The more teams that fill positions the better the deal we will get. I think he knows it’ll be a trade and the best deal will be had like the last week of January. You risk losing out on your guy but if you’re a little flexible on the who you’ll get a better deal.  

I basically agree with all this. It could be a long time before we see another Orioles move as we wait for more top tier SP to sign. I wouldn't expect a move until after the new year probably. 

4 hours ago, Frobby said:

Oh, screw it.  I like watching baseball.  It’s very good value for my entertainment dollar so far as I’m concerned.  I’m not going to stop watching or going to games because I’ve got some bug up my ass about the owner.  Sue me.  

You have every right to ignore everything I just said, and watch baseball. Don't believe I implied otherwise. I also have the right to call a spade a spade and not reward bad behavior in any small way I can. And don't act like my criticisms are unfounded or "just a little bug up my ass no big deal". 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Orange said:

Flexibility is good, but you also need to believe that the FO's analytics expertise extends to sizing up trade targets as well and some guys are definitely more preferable than others.  If there's a trade target that's a good fit, I hope Elias doesn't hesitate to pay full value if he has to.  The O's don't need that much, but I think one more good starter would be a real difference-maker for 2024.

1 hour ago, TradeAngelos said:

You have every right to ignore everything I just said, and watch baseball. Don't believe I implied otherwise. I also have the right to call a spade a spade and not reward bad behavior in any small way I can. And don't act like my criticisms are unfounded or "just a little bug up my ass no big deal". 

Oh, I’m not saying your criticisms of the Angelos family are unfounded.  I just don’t like being compared to a prostitute because I choose to continue watching baseball.  

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Oh, I’m not saying your criticisms of the Angelos family are unfounded.  I just don’t like being compared to a prostitute because I choose to continue watching baseball.  

I think 99% of the posters here enjoyed last season thoroughly.    And some posters are just miserable.  Good luck to them.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

On Thursday night’s episode of Hot Stove on MASN… Elias said we were looking for a starting pitcher to slot in behind Bradish and Grayson. So a #3. 

I’d say Cease is a #3 in the AL East. 

The problem is likely that the ChiSox are pricing him like an ace. Elias (rightfully) isn't going to pay a premium prospect price for Cease in the hopes that 2022 is more indicative of future results than the rest of his career.