I’m Celebrating Twenty (Plus?) Years of Hanging Out!

Frobby

You and Drungo are posters 1 & 1a for me.  I've been a dues-paying lurker for 19 years or so, and really look forward to the topics you start.  I don't post much due to the fact that I have no natural insight for player evaluation, but I sure do appreciate all the work that Tony and the gang put into keeping this place going.

Cheers!

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2

@Tony-OH when did the original board start? I think I remember reading it during the 1997 season but that could be a hallucination. I was a first year cardiology fellow at NNMC Bethesda then and didn't sleep much. I have distant memories of late nights spent in the hospital scanning the OH for Orioles info. I had a different screen name back then.

Oh, Happy anniversary, @Frobby

Edited by Jim'sKid26
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jim'sKid26 said:

@Tony-OH when did the original board start? I think I remember reading it during the 1997 season but that could be a hallucination. I was a first year cardiology fellow at NNMC Bethesda then and didn't sleep much. I have distant memories of late nights spent in the hospital scanning the OH for Orioles info. I had a different screen name back then.

Oh, Happy anniversary, @Frobby

There was a few different iterations of the board, but I do think I had the first one started up in 1997 or 1998. I know it was pretty popular by the time 2000 rolled around because that's when we went under the Rivals network.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

There was a few different iterations of the board, but I do think I had the first one started up in 1997 or 1998. I know it was pretty popular by the time 2000 rolled around because that's when we went under the Rivals network.

Yea I was aware of right around 2000/2001.

On 12/11/2023 at 6:56 PM, Tony-OH said:

I found the OH in 1998.  That was when I first bought a computer to use in my home!  My neighborhood was a test market for this new thing called "broadband internet." so I thought, what the heck, let's give it a try.  

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, ChipTait said:

I found the OH in 1998.  That was when I first bought a computer to use in my home!  My neighborhood was a test market for this new thing called "broadband internet." so I thought, what the heck, let's give it a try.  

Awesome. Only two years after I started it so you count is one the OGs.

• Thanks 1

On 12/11/2023 at 6:56 PM, Tony-OH said:

I found you all in 1999 after moving to NC for college (and no longer able to get to watch any games). I was under a different username which I don't even remember what it was but the discussions back then between AmaralFan and the board and the strange opinions of JantheMan were always a good time 🤣

• Like 1