Arbitration demands and offers to be exchanged next Friday (1/12)

Frobby

2.2 is Coulombe's number this year, so with escalators that means it's a pretty fair number for arb2.

That leaves Coulombe, O'Hearn, Hays, Jacob Webb.

I think O'Hearn loses.  Hays I feel like is 75/25 against him.  I feel like Webb and Coulombe have a good chance of winning.  50/50 or better.

Since Roch hates providing more than the bare minimum in his tweets, it's worth noting that the team option would cover Coulombe's first year of free agency. Farily important detail there, IMO. 

Edited by interloper
  • Upvote 4

I believe the hearings started today, although I don't know when any Orioles players were scheduled.  Also, it's been reported that Perez would be a free agent after 2024.  So this looks in the O's ability to keep him through his last arb year (2024) and his first year of free agency.  Unusual, but at 34, and given his situation in Baltimore, he was amendable to making such a deal.

2 hours ago, NCRaven said:

I believe the hearings started today, although I don't know when any Orioles players were scheduled.  Also, it's been reported that Perez would be a free agent after 2024.  So this looks in the O's ability to keep him through his last arb year (2024) and his first year of free agency.  Unusual, but at 34, and given his situation in Baltimore, he was amendable to making such a deal.

Perez?  Do you mean Coulombe?  Perez  isn’t a free agent next year and he’s not 33.

Edited by Frobby

37 minutes ago, interloper said:

He is a free agent in 2025, so next year. The option covers his first FA year. 

I meant to type Perez in my second sentence, not Coulombe.  My whole point was  the post I was quoting mistakenly refers to Perez.  

7 hours ago, interloper said:

Since Roch hates providing more than the bare minimum in his tweets, it's worth noting that the team option would cover Coulombe's first year of free agency. Farily important detail there, IMO. 

In Roch's blog post update this afternoon, he did share that detail:

"Coulombe was entering free agency after this season, but the option allows the Orioles to keep him for at least one more year."

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Arbitration decisions for Hays and Webb are expected to come down today, per the Associated Press.

I’m unhappy to hear the Hays case didn’t settle.  I wonder if that’s why he bailed on the Caravan.   I think he’ll lose his case, but it’s a close one, and a settlement would have made sense.