Promotion Schedule Released

SteveA

3 hours ago, CP0861 said:

If you say so! I'm not feeling it. I don't hate the floppy hat, but those Hawaiian shirts would be headed straight to ebay.

I'm happy with some bobbleheads.....Hyde, Santander, Rutschman, Gunnar. I wish they mixed in at least one older player each year, but I can't complain with this years lineup. My girls will want the wristlets.

I'm just over an hour away, so the promotions have always been fun for my daughters and I. Makes it easier to pick games. My favorite is probably a Jim Palmer jersey (was given out I believe in July, several years ago) that I was able to get him to autograph at Fanfest. I have dozens (and dozens) of bobbleheads.

I’m with you most/all of their giveaways are full of cheap crap. That shirt was made of real cheap material and the one size fits all concept stinks. I think they had small and large. 

53 minutes ago, Justinlstn said:

Got those and the Jeff Conine and Jay Gibbons bobblehead. They were the best during the early dark years.

I miss those days when the bobbleheads and promos were included in the ticket price. Now, you essentially buy the item on top of the ticket with the upcharges. 

1 hour ago, MurphDogg said:

Mostly I am surprised about the staying power of the hot dog race shirts.

The O's have been pretty good at not making bobbleheads for their truly mediocre players.

Probably the worst players to have bobbleheads have been Steve Pearce, Brian Matusz, Jerry Hairston and Nolan Reimold (although that was a set with Adam Jones and Nick Markakis).

I have a Sammy Sosa bobble that would like entry into this competition!

It does appear they have some significant giveaways (bobbleheads, shirts/jerseys/etc) on weekdays.   In recent years, they were all on Fri/Sat/Sun.   Mon-Thu you had some stuff for kids and dogs and old people and maybe an occasional t-shirt.

I guess attendance (and projected attendance via season ticket sales) has increased to the point where weekends will draw decent enough crowds just because they are weekends, so they can put some major promotions on a few midweek games.

9 hours ago, MurphDogg said:

Mostly I am surprised about the staying power of the hot dog race shirts.

The O's have been pretty good at not making bobbleheads for their truly mediocre players.

Probably the worst players to have bobbleheads have been Steve Pearce, Brian Matusz, Jerry Hairston and Nolan Reimold (although that was a set with Adam Jones and Nick Markakis).

Still have my Lew Ford bobblehead!

10 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

Ive got a Sidney Poison bobblehead on my office shelf. Those were lean times!

That's nothing. First bobblehead game I ever went to was Matusz, and at the time he was so bad he'd been demoted to Norfolk. 

11 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

I’m with you most/all of their giveaways are full of cheap crap. That shirt was made of real cheap material and the one size fits all concept stinks. I think they had small and large. 

While true, that is what made FanFest so fun. Multiple trips through the "promotions" room, where you would get leftovers from the giveaways the previous season.

15 hours ago, elextrano8 said:

I'm going out on a limb and saying that voice over might have been Kevin Brown pitched way down, because his cadence and speech pattern is very similar to what I've heard during the MASN broadcasts. Then at the end Splash just lip synced that one "gotta go" line.

• Upvote 1