Braxton Garrett trade

Sports Guy

Braxton Garrett  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trade Cowser or Kjerstad and Ortiz for Garrett?

• I would trade either Cowser or Kjerstad in this deal
    • I would trade Cowser, not Kjerstad
    • I would trade Kjerstad, not Cowser
    • I wouldn’t make either trade

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/29/24 at 23:13

8 minutes ago, Jim'sKid26 said:

Pardon my ignorance but what is it about this guy that makes you feel he will be successful in the AL East? Looks like he has a good slider. 2SFB seems a bit underwhelming. What am I missing?

The NL East might be tougher for pitchers than the AL East these days. Especially if you never get to face the Marlins. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, btdart20 said:

Cease is a better pitcher than Garrett.  I'd rather the surplus of HK/Cowser and Ortiz/Westburg go toward Cease.  

Their career ERA is identical. Cease has better K/9 but Garrett has way lower walk rate. I wouldn't say Cease is definitely better, and Garrett has the advantage of three more years of control plus more years for cheaper. I would say Garrett is more valuable overall and it's not particularly close. 

35 minutes ago, Jim'sKid26 said:

Pardon my ignorance but what is it about this guy that makes you feel he will be successful in the AL East? Looks like he has a good slider. 2SFB seems a bit underwhelming. What am I missing?

He has a 3.5 ER & 3.5 FIP over 240 innings over the past 2 season. That includes 1 really ugly performance as was mentioned by a previous poster. 9 K9 , 1.6 BB/9. 6 pitches ….. not every guy needs a 97 MPH FB to be successful 

12 minutes ago, D&B said:

How about Norby, Stowers, and someone like Wagner

5 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

Yeah I like that offer. Future major league pieces. a few of them, and the Marlins could use some bats. 

No where near enough. 

15 minutes ago, D&B said:

How about Norby, Stowers, and someone like Wagner

8 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

Yeah I like that offer. Future major league pieces. a few of them, and the Marlins could use some bats. 

Young controllable starter with ERA under 4 is going to cost you Mayo at minimum. 

59 minutes ago, btdart20 said:

Cease is a better pitcher than Garrett.  I'd rather the surplus of HK/Cowser and Ortiz/Westburg go toward Cease.  

I think Cease is the guy you prefer in the postseason and I have zero issue with this thought.

But what if you need to add more good prospects to those 2 to get Cease?  Garrett is a fallback..and you can argue that you would rather have Garrett because of cost and service time..and he’s younger. 

I like the idea of giving up more for a better pitcher (i.e. Luzardo, not Cease), if you’re gonna trade one of the better prospects like Cowser/Kjerstad

OTOH if you can make Garrett happen for like, Mountcastle, Ortiz, Stowers (to start) I’m a lot more interested

31 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I think Cease is the guy you prefer in the postseason and I have zero issue with this thought.

But what if you need to add more good prospects to those 2 to get Cease?  Garrett is a fallback..and you can argue that you would rather have Garrett because of cost and service time..and he’s younger. 

Garrett is going to cost more, not less. I bet he is not even available.