Puck News: Orioles sold to Rubenstein

Orioles Jim

Just now, Big Mac said:

It's a market provision to prevent minority holders from blocking a sale of a business.  I'd be absolutely shocked if the partnership agreement doesn't include a mechanism like that. 

Crazy to me that I could buy something 30 years ago and be forced to sell it at a price I didn't negotiate.

But like I said, not my area of study.

2 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I think this is most likely good news on the payroll front along with everything else, but remember that private equity companies are not known for spending like drunken sailors for the benefit of their customers.  I'm hoping that Rubenstein and his partner are looking at the O's as a passion project and not a source of short-term profit.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

All of us as soon as one of the big national reporters confirms this report. 

giphy.gif

You had time to get out and make a video?   I would have chosen boxer briefs but well done.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Crazy to me that I could buy something 30 years ago and be forced to sell it at a price I didn't negotiate.

But like I said, not my area of study.

They probably have rights to contest the purchase price, obtain their own appraisals, etc.  There are usually a lot of guardrails built in and the terms get heavily negotiated when the investment is made. 

Just now, 24fps said:

I think this is most likely good news on the payroll front along with everything else, but remember that private equity companies are not known for spending like drunken sailors for the benefit of their customers.  I'm hoping that Rubenstein and his partner are looking at the O's as a passion project and not a source of short-term profit.

Bingo. PE rarely care about customers or fans. They only care about profit and stripping companies down to their bones. I hope Rubinstein operates differently as an owner than his PE firm background. 

14 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Been listening to 105.7 David Rubenstein and his business partner are buying a 40% stake in the Orioles. They will purchase the remaining 60% of the team upon Peter Angelos passing. 

Well i Hope that means they are the control guys as well, not just minority owners under John.