New hat leak?

Snutchy

4 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

I've never been a fan of the "actual" Oriole bird logo, but it looks MUCH better when it's set against a white background.  The cartoon bird logo is still the GOAT though. 

I always preferred the all black hat with that logo. Ultimately I agree that the cartoon is better. Ultimately I’d like to see a B on some of the hats.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Roll Tide said:

I always preferred the all black hat with that logo. Ultimately I agree that the cartoon is better. Ultimately I’d like to see a B on some of the hats.

Did you? I never really liked that hat color scheme, but I do like the all black uniforms. I think My affinity for the black / white hat with the cartoon bird probably ha something to do with it being my first exposure to the team in the early 80s. Nostalgia is a powerful drug. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Roll Tide said:

I agree with this.  If they're going to do this as an alt hat, I'd prefer this logo on all black or black with an orange bill.  

24 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

I'll say it again, as I've always said it. The Orioles have NEVER been to or WON a World Series wearing a hat other than the cartoon bird.The cartoon bird hat is the ONLY hat I accept or recognise. The rest , the stupid"O's" hat, or the other bird hats are a waste of time, and nothing more than another attempt to merchandise a mediocre logo. ONLY the cartoon bird represents tradition and excellence. I'd never ever buy any other hat or logo.

What about the old orange wing logo, first hat logo or identifier ever worn by a baseball team 

October of 1894, when Baltimore faced the Giants in the Temple Cup series -- which was a form of a world championship -- Baltimore wore special caps just for that and had an orange wing on the front. 

Edited by Orioles5258
  • Upvote 1