Orioles close to acquiring Corbin Burnes (Update: Acquired for Joey Ortiz and DL Hall)

ThisIsBirdland

11 minutes ago, Chaka Garcia said:

Surprised they didn’t swap out Norby for the 34th pick. There is no place to play him and repeating AAA for 3 years in a row- will really sour him.

Unless, he’s another chess piece for bullpen help.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see another trade. The Orioles still have an excess of player talent after this deal.

• Upvote 1

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I wouldn't be surprised if we see another trade. The Orioles still have an excess of player talent after this deal.

I think Kjerstad, Norby, McDermott, etc could still get Cease

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Yep, you're right. I saw 2025 but it meant at the start of 2025. 

Either way, I like the move. Burnes is a legitimate ace and the Orioles didn't hurt their 2024 team much. They can go and sign Chapman to replace Hall if they want to.

Chapman signed a 1-year deal with Pittsburgh.  He would bring bad chemistry to the O's anyway.

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Our OF is aging to an extent. Cowser and Kjerstad fit there. Basallo won’t be here for a little while. 

I think next domino is what position Mayo winds up at. 

12 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Chapman signed with the Pirates.

Dammit.. I missed that too... Well, Perez and Coulombe will still be in the pen. I don't think Elias is done now that the gloves have been taken off.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ScGO's said:

I think Kjerstad, Norby, McDermott, etc could still get Cease

Whatever dreams Getz and the White Sox had of milking the Orioles farm system by trading Cease have gone up in smoke tonight. They can still get Cease, but they will need to readjust their expectations.