beaner

It seems like so many people when arguing about Bonds say "we don't know for sure that he used steroids, lets give him the benefit of the doubt." The fact is, there is no doubt, he testified to a grand jury about the "cream and the clear," a n admission of guilt.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2004/12/03/MNGGFA0UDU65.DTL

He used steroids. Period.

Finally someone with some common sense. I agree 100% with you and I dont understand how other people dont. He ADMITTED to taking steroids. What more do you want for Proof that he took Roids. Bonds is a cheater and I would not cheer for him. I hope A-rod breaks his record.

They also had that thing on Bonds on ESPN about him taking the clear steroid and didnt know what it was. Sounds a little suspicious to me.

Just admit you cheated Bonds

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Finally someone with some common sense. I agree 100% with you and I dont understand how other people dont. He ADMITTED to taking steroids. What more do you want for Proof that he took Roids. Bonds is a cheater and I would not cheer for him. I hope A-rod breaks his record.

They also had that thing on Bonds on ESPN about him taking the clear steroid and didnt know what it was. Sounds a little suspicious to me.

So if he admits, would you embrace the record. No one is saying he didn't use..I'm supporting Bonds in the chase, but I know he used steroids, as do most people, believe me. A Rod will break the record one day, so we might as well enjoy the history for now.

PLEASE FOR EVERYONE WHO HAS ANY DOUBT...LOOK AT MY LINKS ABOVE, I DID MY OWN RESEARCH!!!!!

PLEASE FOR EVERYONE WHO HAS ANY DOUBT...LOOK AT MY LINKS ABOVE' date=' I DID MY OWN RESEARCH!!!!![/quote']

I don't think that's even an issue. We all know he used, it's just a matter of accepting it and still embracing the accomplishment, that's all. At least that's how I see it.

So if he admits, would you embrace the record. No one is saying he didn't use..I'm supporting Bonds in the chase, but I know he used steroids, as do most people, believe me. A Rod will break the record one day, so we might as well enjoy the history for now.

insert loathe here

I don't think anyone has any doubt he cheated. He basically admitted it in court , and there's been a book written about his alleged steroid use which he has not discredited or called slander. I was listening to the radio and they were interviewing Jon Miller , who does Giants radio and Sunday Night Baseball on the TV. When asked why Barry did not discredit the book , Miller said because of legal reasons and an ongoing investigation. Perhaps later after he retires Bonds will speak more candidly on the steroids issue , but even if he does confess and apologize , his continual silence on the issue , fraudulent denials , and basically him being an a-hole have marred his image (to me) forever. Nothing he can do anymore can change my perception of him : he used steroids to attain a now-corrupted record.

I don't think anyone has any doubt he cheated. He basically admitted it in court , and there's been a book written about his alleged steroid use which he has not discredited or called slander. I was listening to the radio and they were interviewing Jon Miller , who does Giants radio and Sunday Night Baseball on the TV. When asked why Barry did not discredit the book , Miller said because of legal reasons and an ongoing investigation. Perhaps later after he retires Bonds will speak more candidly on the steroids issue , but even if he does confess and apologize , his continual silence on the issue , fraudulent denials , and basically him being an a-hole have marred his image (to me) forever. Nothing he can do anymore can change my perception of him : he used steroids to attain a corrupted record.

Remember when Canseco's book came out and McGwire, Palmiero, Tejada, Bret Boone, Gonzalez,...etc were all talking about how they were going to sue Canseco and blah blah blah....Well, 5 years later there have been no lawsuits...clearly these men can't sue Canseco because he was speaking the truth...Same thing with the book, nothing Bonds can say because it's all true.

I wouldnt Embrace the record, I still feel that Aaron deserves the record. Sure maybe a a little congrats to him since he did break the record and its still hard to hit that many homers, but he doesnt deserve the record.

I wouldnt Embrace the record, I still feel that Aaron deserves the record. Sure maybe a a little congrats to him since he did break the record and its still hard to hit that many homers, but he doesnt deserve the record.

Fair enough...Steroids or not, it is really hard to hit that many homers. I guess that's really where I'm coming from, instead of all the hate, let's just enjoy the record, whether you like the player or not.

Life is too short for all of this angst...Enjoy the moment, you won't be able to escape it, so you might as well.

I enjoyed Cal...Biggio...Maddox...Ichiro...and Henderson

I just can't...and I'm sorry for all the animosity, enjoy this

I enjoyed Cal...Biggio...Maddox...Ichiro...and Henderson

I just can't...and I'm sorry for all the animosity' date=' enjoy this[/quote']

I enjoy every Baseball acheivement, only because I realize that hitting a Baseball is the hardest thing to do in sports, bar none. What all of the guys you mentioned accomplsihed was awesome, as well as all the past players and A Rod today, and Frank Thomas a few months back. With the "steroid era" players getting older, we're going to see some of these records being easier to come by, but it's still really hard to be a good Baseball player,whether you enhace yourself or not.

Too late, most of the crowd cheered for him, as they should have...Yea, he's a pompous a-hole, but who cares. We have to watch him play Baseball, nothing else.

I always go back to the Ray Lewis incident, he lied to police about a DOUBLE MURDER, and people around here were so quick to forgive and cheer him. What he did was so far beyond worse than steroids it isn't even worth talking about, yet we can't even acknowledge Bonds accomplishment because he's a "scumbag, jerk pompous...etc". Not that he isn't, but why is it such a big deal.

Ray Lewis went to trial and was allowed to make a deal. I severely doubt he would have been allowed to do that if there was any evidence against him other then his lies to the police.

Bonds, however, has apparently told a grand jury he used some form of performance-enhancing drug ("unknowingly"), and has a mountain of circumstantial evidence against him, from his physical changes to a friend serving jail time for contempt of court instead of testifying about what Bonds may or may not have done.

I think he is an amazing player, and I will applaud his home run when he gets it. However, that doesn't take away from the fact that unless evidence appears to the contrary, I believe he used performance-enhancing substances to cheat. He has not earned any benefit of any doubt.

The achievement is impressive, but tainted.

Some of you are missing my point (and I think beaner's as well). Bonds did steroids. OK. But how do we know who else did? You say it'll be great to celebrate Griffey, but what if he took them? What if A-Rod did? You can't just pick and choose the guys you cheer and the ones you hate. The suspicion is gonna be there for every player of this era.

Hate it or love it, Late 80's to Early 2000's is going to be known as the steroid era. Bonds played in that era, and was by far BY FAR the best player in that era. So much better than anyone else, that this guy leads the universe in walks. I mean, someone actually considered it would be a good idea to walk this guy WITH THE BASES LOADED!!!

He did what he did. So did thousands of other hitters and pitchers. How many home runs did steroids help Bonds hit? Who knows. Nobody will ever know. I say less than people want to believe. I mean, as bean mentioned, the guy lost like 900 at bats because people refuse to pitch to him. How many would he have hit if people weren't absolutely TERRIFIED to pitch to him? Let alone talking about him having perhaps the greatest batting eye of any player in the history of baseball.

My point is, if you want to pull the hood over your eyes, and just mumble to yourself, and pretend like this never happened, then go ahead. Keep pretending it's 1984 and Henry Aaron is first on the all-time home run list. Me, I'm gonna celebrate one of the absolute greatest players in the history of baseball. Sure, he is an a-hole, he is pompous, and he doesn't seem to care for a lot of people, but he is a husband, a father, and actually pretty funny if you listen to him talk.

So do what you will. I'm gonna tell my kids that Bonds played in an era when a ton of players took some PED's, and he was one of them. Then I'll tell them that he was the greatest baseball player I've ever seen, and that he is the All-Time leader in Home Runs. (That is, unless A-Rod has passed him:D :D )

Archived